Progressive Suspension Fork Lowering Kit

mokishea

Is anyone familiar with this "drop-in" fork lowering kit?

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/product/1463/fork-lowering-kit-drop-in

I'm friends with the founder of American IronHorse and Rucker Performance, and he suggested it to me as a way to lower the front of my bike without reducing wheel travel, but I haven't seen anyone with an fz6r do this. Are there actually any benefits to do this on the fz6r rather than just slide the forks through the triple tree or what? He's not familiar with the fz6r so I'm wondering if that's really the case.

mokishea

Also...

It says on the site that it can lower the front "up to" 2 inches, but I don't see from the way the kit works how you can adjust it to lower the exact amount that you actually want. Can anyone explain?

michaelw83

Elite Member

xorbe

I don't understand how this doesn't reduce total shock travel. This brings the bottom up, right? Whereas sliding the clamps brings the top down.

edit: there is a difference -- it moves the compression travel to the extension side. How useful that actually is, I don't know. Whereas sliding the clamps simply removes some compression travel. So sure, total shock travel technically isn't reduced, but the compression travel is.

Also, a very small difference in CG not even worth thinking about ...

Last edited:

Chucker

I wouldn't do this. I would just move the forks in the triple tree. I don't see the point in shortening the fork.