Progressive Motorcycle Show- Chicago

JustKatie

Did anyone in the org. go to the Motorcycle Show in Chicago this weekend? The last couple years with the struggling economy attendance has been weak but this year it was booming and was a much better show than in the last several years. Only complaint is all the people and their kids with strollers ugh! The new Suzuki 650 V-Strom has changed quite a bit and the Kawasaki Ninja ZX 14 was amazing! Some of the deals were good too...saw a Shoei RF1100 for under $400! And the hubby got a Hayabusa bike cover for under $100, and I bought him some custom made (while we waited) ear plugs (55$). I wish I would have posted a thread BEFORE the show in case anyone in the org. was going so I could have said hello :( I'll plan better next year!

Sage

I wanted to go, but the 5 hour drive wasn't very appetizing...

daddyrack

Premium Member

See red

My wife and kids came with me. It was pretty nice, I liked the victory booth. I also found out my bike will be sporting a nice new ohlins rear shock.... lol!

swatguy

Show was pretty decent. I was expecting some better discounts on gear and accessories, but overall was worth stopping in. I like seeing the bikes in that environment.

dekaliber

I was there on Saturday for a few hours. It was my first time to a motorcycle show and it actually exceeded my expectations. The best part was being able to sit on a lot of bikes that I probably wouldn't have gone out of my way to sit on, like Harleys and less common bikes like MV Agustas. Being able to try on different helmets was pretty cool too, although I still can't find anything that fits me better than the Shark helmets I have. I really wish they were distributed more in the US.

Would have liked to see more gear brands there. Most motorcycle stores around here have pretty limited selections of gear and I would have loved to be able to try on some more stuff.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

dekaliber

For helmets did you stop by arai? The guy measured me and put me into a xl signet-q, instead of my current 2xl rx-q. Feels awesome. Didnt think could feel better than my rxq. Said I am fine in the rxq with tighter cheek pads and liner but I will be saving my $.
I did, but there were several other people there and my friends were walking around with me, so I didn't wait to get measured. I'm not really in the market for a $600-700 helmet, anyway (at least not currently).

daddyrack

Premium Member

Heineken

Elite Member

JustKatie

I am definitely planning ahead next year...sure would have been nice to meet some of my fellow Org'ers<----yikes that doesn't look right! Sorry I missed you all, better luck next year. Katie.