Problems with TRex Frame Sliders

474kz

Hello all,

I've recently bought a set of spool adapters and frame sliders from trex. Took a while to get an invoice from them and get them here to oz because it took several emails and calls to get them to send me an invoice so I could pay for them. At any rate they arrived and I set out to install them.

Spool adapters installed no problem, left hand frame slider & mount no problem. Then came the right hand (brake side) mount and slider. First problem was that the two holes that the bolts going to the main frame and engine mounts weren't properly aligned - the hole in the centre was approx 1.9mm off to the right. Wasted close to 2 hours drilling and filling to get the alignment correct and then when all the bolts finally lined up, I honestly hoped that was it; sadly, I was mistaken...

I then proceeded to put the big black centre screw bit on the mount and then the puck over that and lo and behold the puck is 5mm shorter. So I take it off to measure it and find that the puck has a depth of only 30mm and the black screw bit it sits on measures 35mm. Thinking I may have muddled up the two inner black puck screw things, I took the left puck off and both measure the same 35mm. See pics below - seriously what kind of quality control do trex use - pull stuff out from a hat and randomly pack things together?

So now I've got the right slider sitting at 5mm off the mount, in the air. Have sent three emails in 5 days and still not heard anything from Trex yet. This is by far the worst customer service and company I've dealt with.... will definitely not recommend them or be buying anything from them in the future.

Has anyone ever had something like this before or is it just me?

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

474kz

Glad I stayed away from Trex (I do have Trex spool adapters). I have shogun frame sliders and had zero issues. Everyone I've seen go down with either has had nothing but good things to say though. Lots of quality control issues with Trex frame sliders though.
I agree mate, from all that I read I bought them because of the reviews, but after this experience I will never buy anything from them again. For all the time I've wasted and annoyance I believe I'd have been better off with shogun.

For anyone looking to buy some sliders, stay away from t-rex. The spools appear ok and install was fine, but to me the sliders = absolute pain.

jammer

Don't feel lonely. After a series of emails and unreturned phone calls trying to get the right hardware to install mine I gave up and bought all the fasteners locally. Customer service is non existent. :jerk:

engineered2win

My right side frame slider puck is too short as well and doesn't bottom out on the bracket like the left side. I measured it and thought it was a bit odd and moved on with life. I don't even notice them on the bike with the fairings installed and haven't given it any thought until now. I would have been rather annoyed if the brackets or fasteners didn't fit however.

474kz

Right, so that's it then. I'll get some fasteners to get them on there secure, but cannot believe how bad their service and product is. Thanks @jammer and @engineered2win

nsa320

About to install my new T-rex frame sliders this afternoon... S#IT!! will let you know how they fit :eek:

latony007

this is really strange, they have great customer service and have always helped anyone pretty quickly. I popped off one of my end caps and they sent me new ones free of charge and even threw in some red rings i asked for at no charge. I will say however that i have seen several issues where they are sending the wrong hardware for a particular bike. i imagine they have big boxes of bolts and plates and the shipping guy is suppose to get 5 of #6 bolt 2 of X# plates etc. and is screwing it up. If they dont offer to help you out and send correct items im very surprised. Last guy they even refunded him like half for the problems.

PS mine went on in 5 minutes but i have the last years tapered models.
Good luck to you both.

nsa320

Alright so I installed my TRex frame sliders last night (non-tapered version) and encountered the same problem on the right side as everyone else before me.. Overall I am disappointed because idc what kind of customer service you have, there is no excuse to keep producing a known faulty product 5+ years in a row now!!

Left side went on easy (BTW - yamaha cranks those M10 engine bolts on HARD!!) The problem lies in the right side mount bracket - the far right hole was drilled maybe 1-2mm too far to the left (pics below):

ANYWAYS, I didn't have a drill on me to expand the hole and it was getting dark so I went ahead and first backed out the middle bolt a few turns and then cranked both of them in at the same time.
Everything else seems fine and they are very sturdy.

They're in now and they're not coming out so I said F it..
My advice is don't buy these until they fix the right mounting bracket because I'm 99% sure I damaged my engine bolt hole(s).. :(

Last edited:

latony007

guys if you have the same problem email or call trex asap and they will send you out correct parts. And they have not been sending the wrong bracket for 5 years, they just changed it several months ago. However that is still WAY too long to be sending out the wrong parts and they should have gotten it straightened out a while ago.

474kz

guys if you have the same problem email or call trex asap and they will send you out correct parts. And they have not been sending the wrong bracket for 5 years, they just changed it several months ago. However that is still WAY too long to be sending out the wrong parts and they should have gotten it straightened out a while ago.
Hi @nsa320, feel your pain mate, took me close to two hours to drill and file down that right side mount - and then wound up having the right puck shorter by 5mm and sitting in the air (appears you have the same thing on yours too?)

@latony007, sorry mate but no they dont! If they ever did have customer service, it sure doesn't exist anymore .... I send them close to 6 emails and 2 phone calls a week since then, and I am still yet to receive so much as an apology - no email response. They were reasonably responsive pre sales and then I received a dud, and no manner of after sales service.

For perspective buyers, STAY AWAY FROM Trex. They are not worth wasting your time on or the hassle afterwards. If this was just me and they fixed it, I wouldn't say something like this, but Im clearly not the only one who's wound up being stiffed..

latony007

Hi @nsa320, feel your pain mate, took me close to two hours to drill and file down that right side mount - and then wound up having the right puck shorter by 5mm and sitting in the air (appears you have the same thing on yours too?)

@latony007, sorry mate but no they dont! If they ever did have customer service, it sure doesn't exist anymore .... I send them close to 6 emails and 2 phone calls a week since then, and I am still yet to receive so much as an apology - no email response. They were reasonably responsive pre sales and then I received a dud, and no manner of after sales service.

For perspective buyers, STAY AWAY FROM Trex. They are not worth wasting your time on or the hassle afterwards. If this was just me and they fixed it, I wouldn't say something like this, but Im clearly not the only one who's wound up being stiffed..
That sucks and is totally unaceptable, i get maybe emails go to spam or something but not answering or returning phone calls is ridiculous. I guess i will think twice about them next time, which hopefully would be on a new bike :)

jammer

Shoguns for me from now on.