Preppers

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

adamo3957

Lol, in a modern day and age with no imminent wars why should bee be concerned? Saying that I keep a breakout bag packed in the house at all times so who am I to judge...

My break out bag carries enough for me and my wife to camp in relative comfort, gas for cooking as well as utility knife , tinder and a couple of quick rations...

If I was to be put in a true survival situation, long term on one spot is not my thing. Hence mobile gear, also to me first place I'd head is the woods and as far away from people as I can, if I was to stop long term in an area that's where I'd build shelter to suit, and source food from the local area...

My house did used to have a gasoline generator and one REALLY bad hurricane swept the east coast and knocked out electricity for weeks. And this is in the middle of peak summer so you need a generator. The are some major downsides to a gas generator.
1. Its very inefficient compared to other gas fuel types.
2. Even my small 10 Kw was consuming 100$ in fuel per day.
3. Needs to have regular mantainence even with no use.
4. Needs to be started and ran weekly to keep it ran-able when you need it.
5. If gasoline is in a shortage(like during the storm I experienced) you may run out of fuel or may be too expensive.

What I would suggest is looking into a propane generator with a tank. I have a 15Kw generator with a 7 day supply of propane which gives my fuel supplier enough time to reach us before fuel runs out.

FastFreddy

I've got a generator, solar panel and inverter for my marshall stack and Ibanez RG, so I'll be alright.

and fridge for the beers.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member
Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member