Precise Turn Signal Dimensions?

0150r

Can anyone with a set of calipers provide some accurate measurements of the recessed area on the plastics where the turn signal goes? I just got some small turn signals to match my fender eliminator, but they need washers to be held in place. I want to use a 3d printer to make a custom washer/bracket/whatever that fits in there and looks decent.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

0150r

The part I want to make will be on the outside of the fairing. It will fill in the hole where the stock lights were. It will have a hole in it just big enough for the bolt on the turn signal to go through.

I plan on using Google's Sketch-up for it if I can't get my roommate to design it (he does 3d modeling). The plan is to export the model to an STL so I can print it from shapeways.com.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

You can get a cheap set of calipers off ebay or even amazon and get a pretty good measurement with them.

I actually just ordered a couple units as I broke all my other ones. I need to quit leaving them on the edge of the tool box and other similar locations. Lids versus plastic is never good.

0150r

Thanks for the info, I'll pick up some calipers and see if I can't get something working. I think the tricky part will be to make it match the contour of the faring so it looks good.

If I can't get something working that looks nice, I will probably end up getting flushmounts :-\ If it works, I'll probably make some mirror block off plates next.