Power commander toggle switch

efforex

So i am looking at what i can use for a toggle switch any link would be helpful i also where did you guys mount them or keep them for switching since i dont have a laptop i wanted to load two maps one for commuting and one for hitting the canyon

Marthy which is the best commuting map :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

efforex

I got a on/off water proof switch form West Marine... you know the one with the rubber booth over it. Worked fine. I put mine right in the middle of the plastic under the dash.

As for Touring map Touring RevB is fine but some people liked the Touring RevC or D. So you can load map1 Advgear RevB and Touring RevB. That's how I got mine set up right now. Different maps but same layout.

will do thanks once again marthy.

dmkun

Dont mean to hijack the thread but since we are talking about PCV:

Does the power light on PCV light up only when the USB is connected? or should it also light up as soon as you start up the bike or turn the key to the On position?

Also, do we need to manually enable the Startup Fuel feature? I don't recall any posts stating that you have to do this during the initial setup.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dmkun

Thank you - I was able to read the RPM readings through the PCV software - I assume this is a good check to confirm that the speed sensor wire is connected properly, along with the other connections?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dmkun

lol - only if folks at Dynojet can now come up with an app for android/iphone....i would love to see that one day :rolleyes:

I am also thinking about getting the Power Commander LCD-200 Unit... does anyone here have one already? According to the PC website, it allows you to see gear position. If that's true, then this certainly seems like a better investment than getting a gear indicator....unless i am reading it wrong? :confused:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dmkun

gotcha - LCD isnt a bad option once you get past the price tag. It also allows you to save multiple maps in the on-board memory or a SD card and switch them on the fly - thus eliminating the need for a switch really..

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

travisH3

I got a on/off water proof switch form West Marine... you know the one with the rubber booth over it. Worked fine. I put mine right in the middle of the plastic under the dash.

As for Touring map Touring RevB is fine but some people liked the Touring RevC or D. So you can load map1 Advgear RevB and Touring RevB. That's how I got mine set up right now. Different maps but same layout.
is the touring map better on mpg? or what. im running advgear revb and averaging about 45mpg on fuelly.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

travisH3

It's about right. 44-47 MPG were my numbers back then. Touring map should be a bit better. I use Advgear map and Touring map with the map switch. On advgear I get 38-42, and 45-50 depending how I ride on freeway.
looks like im gonna be wiring me a switch this weekend :) i keep rpm's low and just try to be easy on the throttle. thanks!

efforex

It's about right. 44-47 MPG were my numbers back then. Touring map should be a bit better. I use Advgear map and Touring map with the map switch. On advgear I get 38-42, and 45-50 depending how I ride on freeway.
I get like 120 miles to a tank but im pretty hard on my bike all the time i runs the canyons at least once a week.

B][GT

looks like im gonna be wiring me a switch this weekend :) i keep rpm's low and just try to be easy on the throttle. thanks!
Why not just tap into the speed sensor wire? Isnt that how we can run one map and have it different tunes for 1-4 and 5-6?

travisH3

B][GT;372088 said:
Why not just tap into the speed sensor wire? Isnt that how we can run one map and have it different tunes for 1-4 and 5-6?
I did. You have to in order to run marthy's maps

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member