Powder Coating is the way to go.

MikeN02

So I never heard of this method of painting until a couple of months ago. Apparently people powder coat their rims a different color, frame, handlebars etc. Anything you can think of.

The process has to do with stripping the paint, then sandblasting it, putting the "powder" on it and throwing it in an oven.

Finally got some stuff done and I love the way it came out!

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

MikeN02

Wasn't too expensive. A forum vendor on the R6 forum is charging me around $70 for the items I did + my rear swing-arm axle blocks.

My friend runs a car show-room shop and had a powder coating machine so he did them for me for free.

CDN6R

he did them for me for free.

FREE!!:banghead: Geezz why can't I have a friend like that!!:eek: (LOL)

iSpoolin

Powder coating also includes a negative charge while in the oven. Basically all the powder is held on by electrical fusion to the metal. Its pretty neat honestly. You can buy kits and set up a household oven to do it very simply for around 300$? It would pay for itself in no time though.

I cant believe you had never heard of this though!

DocFZ

Im in the process of setting up my powdercoating operation

DocFZ

i have a powdercoating kit, got it for $275 canadian. works awesome. the powder is expensive as shit though
All depends on where you order through. Ive go through eastwood.com and theres arent too bad. Same with caswellplating.com. Lol the expensive part for me is the gun, $600. The less inexpensive kit is good for doing parts but you get up into the more expensive guns and you can control the "stick" of the powder better if you will. I'm looking to get a decent size operation going. Tryin to figure out where to go with my bike tho. I love it with the white red and gold as is, maybe some small touches here and there.

DocFZ