Possible New FZ6R

the sleaze

Hey guys

Been looking for a new bike and decided on an FZ6R mostly because of this site, great resource. Thanks.

Anyways found one close to me on the CL and wanted to see if you had any advice for me, since this is my first sport bike purchase. (Upgrading from Virago 250 after about a year and a half.)
Its a 2012, black, 10k miles. New tires, sounds decent, running a little rich because, I think, (and here's my real question) its heavily modified.

mods......its got a new exhaust slip-on, cat is cut off and bypassed, a power commander, new HID headlights (improperly installed- he said it needs to be rewired to pass inspection), new led tail light section with integrated turn signals, lowered 2 inches in the front, new mirrors, and he said its been plasti-dipped 3 times. Green paint residue is now ingrained into the tank and frame. Frame sliders are obviously scraped hard, but the bar ends are new, and the mirrors and brake lever show evidence of dropping, not sliding.

Guy seems nice, more or less mature, seems to take good care of his other vehicle, too. Isn't shy about telling me he cruised at 90 once and took it to 115 a couple of times.

But is such an obviously modified bike worth it? I know sport bikes are meant to be ridden hard, but how hard is too hard?

Thanks for the time

bobjohnson

Not many people paint their bike the same color 3 times for fun. That bike has been down a lot. Unless you are getting an insanely good deal, I would pass on it. You can find one thats in better condition.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

BluePill

Not many people paint their bike the same color 3 times for fun. That bike has been down a lot. Unless you are getting an insanely good deal, I would pass on it. You can find one thats in better condition.
Pretty much agree. The various mods seem shabby from your description. It could turn into a real can of worms for you. Best to keep on looking, IMO

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

bobjohnson

Yeah in that case I change my vote, if its this guys bike I'd go for it, I've seen some of his youtube videos and it looks like he cares about his bike quite a bit.