Possible centerstand...?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I was messing around like I usually do, crawling around on the ground and I saw these. I think they might be brackets for a centerstand, if the exhaust weren't a midship exhaust.

What do you think?

F

Fred

Those do look like centerstand brackets. Have you looked to see if there's an optional stand from Yamaha?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Those do look like centerstand brackets. Have you looked to see if there's an optional stand from Yamaha?
I don't think there is. And even if there were, it wouldn't work with the stock exhaust in the way. But it would be nice if we could find one that would work with an aftermarket exhaust.

Brugge

It looks like what you spotted maybe the brackets for the center stand on the XJ6 Diversion

From the brochure for the Euro XJ6- Diversion:

The trick dash panel includes a
fuel gauge, there’s an under-seat storage
compartment for a U-lock for added
security and the Diversion features a
centre stand for easy maintenance.

You can download the brochure here:

2009 Yamaha XJ6 Diversion / ABS

The text is on page 9 of the brochure. I can see what I imagine as a center or "centre" stand as they call it, in the picture on page 8. It looks like it is there between the muffle body and the outlet. Anyone else imagine it as there?

I have the parts list for the XJ6 naked it it only shows the side side and no center stand so it looks like this may only be on the half-faired Diversion. Strange?

Cheers,
Kevin

Attachments

F

Fred

You could make a centerstand that would fit, but you'd lose some ground clearance where it crosses under the exhaust.

With a different exhaust, you would have more options.

My guess is that they put the stand brackets on the frame in case they decided to add a stand, but then decided not to.

PVD_FZ6R

Here's a picture clearly showing the centerstand on a UK XJ6 Diversion- I recall reading something somewhere about it not working with the US full fairing - had nothing to do with the exhaust. Seems like the UK has some pretty sweet looking gold wheels as well. Does anyone know if there is a way to order these parts from the UK??

I imagine some folks in the UK (+ others) will probably turn their bikes into full faired bikes (if in fact they are interchangeable) and a few of us here the N. America will create some Euro spec creations. Just a matter of figuring out which parts are interchangeable.

xplodnstar

We should see if we can buy the replacement part from Yamaha and try attaching it. This would be a VERY popular mod if we got it to work.

F

FZ1inNH

We should see if we can buy the replacement part from Yamaha and try attaching it. This would be a VERY popular mod if we got it to work.
I'd be happy to have one just to put under for maint only. Slide it into the brackets, temp-pin it in place and do the maint, then pull the pins and put it back on the shelf. :D

Can we get XJ6 parts in the US from a dealer though?

A

alanrim

I have the parts list for the XJ6 naked it it only shows the side side and no center stand so it looks like this may only be on the half-faired Diversion. Strange?

Cheers,
Kevin
The naked FZ6 doesn't come with a centre stand in UK but the but the faired version does. It can be bought as an option for the naked so maybe the diversion the same.

mattjb

On the UK site, I see it as an option for the XJ6 but not the XJ6 Diversion.

Yamaha Accessories Overview - Motorcycle, Riding gear, ATV, Scooter, Marine, Lifestyle wear, Yamalube, luggage, Star Off-road

After looking at the models, they both have the same exhaust so it stands to reason that if it fits the N, it fits the S, meaning it should fit the FZ6R as well.
Hmm...there are a couple of interesting things on the UK page. 90 pounds is kind of expensive, but I might order one and see how it goes.

Slightly off-topic: any thoughts on fitting an XJ6 seat to the FZ6R? There seem to be a few aftermarket ones for the XJ6 already...

-mb

stroke

a centerstand would be good for routine inspection lol or just messing around with the bike from time to time...

A

Atron

My diversion already has center stand... great succsess
... they could put it on all bikes of this series... xj6 xj6s diversion and fz6r... meh