Politicly correct OZ style...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

FZ6Rin321

I wish every leader stand tall and proud like OZ Prime Minister. In my own opinion, if you move in a different country it's because you like it better then your own... so blend in and adapt to your new society!

Here's what she had to say:

Here, at last, is some courage.

Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation’s mosques. Quote:

‘IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. ‘

‘This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom’

‘We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!’

‘Most Australians (but not me)believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.’

‘We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.’

‘This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, ‘THE RIGHT TO LEAVE’.’

I'm French-Canadian. I decide to move here in the USA for better opportunities. I also accept the fact that things are different here, language first. I was barely able to order food at McD's at first. I learn and blend in...

I like diversity and different cultures, but at the same time... you need to respect the people that were there before you.

+100000000000 i love that speech.

Mguenther

You wouldn't hear a speech like that here. Our whole country is too busy apologizing for everthing that has ever been done.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Whether this speech happened or not, it is awesome! I wish we could actually use the 1st ammendment and convey this for the whole country. It echoes the sentiments of a lot of people, but yet many are too afraid to express these feelings.

Kudos to the author!

CDN6R

This is great stuff here Martin.. I totally agree and I will say the she has more BALLS than any politition that I have ever heard. We have become a society of spineless sheep who are afraid of stepping on someone elses toes because it infringes on their rights. Here in Canada, I remember a group of Muslims (I believe) wanted to become R.C.M.P. (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) officers. Because of their religious beliefs they would only wear turbins and not the traditional cap that the R.C.M.P. wear. Of course they played the "I am a minority " card and the official dress code was changed. To me this is BULL SH%#. If you are in a country as an imigrant then you should respect the cultures of that said country that you want to live in. Sorry Martin but I feel the same about the sepratists in the province of Quebec. If you don not like Canada ,,get the hell out. Sorry for my rant but if people are going to move to Canada or the USA then adapt.:canada::america::thumbup:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
This is great stuff here Martin.. I totally agree and I will say the she has more BALLS than any politition that I have ever heard. We have become a society of spineless sheep who are afraid of stepping on someone elses toes because it infringes on their rights. Here in Canada, I remember a group of Muslims (I believe) wanted to become R.C.M.P. (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) officers. Because of their religious beliefs they would only wear turbins and not the traditional cap that the R.C.M.P. wear. Of course they played the "I am a minority " card and the official dress code was changed. To me this is BULL SH%#. If you are in a country as an imigrant then you should respect the cultures of that said country that you want to live in. Sorry Martin but I feel the same about the sepratists in the province of Quebec. If you don not like Canada ,,get the hell out. Sorry for my rant but if people are going to move to Canada or the USA then adapt.:canada::america::thumbup:
Preach on!! :wav:

dcBear78

Being Australian I have no recollection of that speech, and believe me it would be just as shocking here as the US.

SAFE-T

So, what say you about a culture's practices in their own country, even the 'uncivilized' ones ?

btastarsky

With the exception of mass murder, what other nations do in their backyard is their business. I dont really care. As long as it doesn't affect the economy in my country, they can do what they like. They have their norms and customs, I have mine. They can practice their religion, and I'll practice mine. The people of this planet care too much about what everyone else is doing. Let's stay out of each other's business and get back to what's important: Riding.

dndfindley

With the exception of mass murder, what other nations do in their backyard is their business. I dont really care. As long as it doesn't affect the economy in my country, they can do what they like. They have their norms and customs, I have mine. They can practice their religion, and I'll practice mine. The people of this planet care too much about what everyone else is doing. Let's stay out of each other's business and get back to what's important: Riding.
I agree to some extent. However there are some out there who do not share your sentiments. They don't care that you mean them no harm - they mean you harm. Why? Because you are an American. It's as simple as that. You would allow these same people the right to practice their religion in this country but they would not allow you to practice yours if they had the power. Ignoring a very real and present danger in this country and abroad will not make it go away. You must, we all must, be vigilant. In the meantime we can all enjoy that with which you end your post: Riding. David

SAFE-T

There are some out there who don't care that you mean them no harm - they mean you harm. Why? Because you are an American. It's as simple as that.
And don't forget just how damn lucky we are that there is a normally insurmountable body of water between here and there :)