polishing

cavcuz05

Anyone consider polishing the front forks/swingarm/visable frame areas...just something i might consider doing but not sure...I know its common on yellow bikes especially hondas

CDN6R

I am not sure how you would polish the frame/swingarm being that they are steel. Is there a way?

owldaddy

I am not sure how you would polish the frame/swingarm being that they are steel. Is there a way?
Polishing them isn't a problem. Keeping them shiny is. Steel parts won't stay looking good for long. I did polish just about every aluminum surface on an 78 Suzuki GS750 I owned. It looked awesome, but did require some elbow grease (and Never Dull) now and then to keep it looking nice. You can always do what the factory did and clear coat the parts once a high polish is achieved. IMHO it was worth the little bit of polishing I had to do a couple times a year. When parts are clear coated, they lose some of the sheen. On that bike I did the forks, and they looked awesome. You will have to remove the parts you wish to polish, as a high gloss can only be achieved with rouge and a polishing wheel big enough that you can lean into the work. Also one disadvantage to polished pieces, if you have cats around, and your bike gets sprayed, the aluminum will be etched severely. Nothing will ruin a nice polished engine case faster then cat pee.

cavcuz05

I was thinking af doing just the forks

jdog6570

Once polished, your best to powdercoat in a clear, this will preserve the polished metal or alloy :)