Please Help w/ removing stock handlebar risers

Kdubb223

I'm installing my new clip ons and cant seem to break the bolt loose on the underside of the stock risers... Am I missing something? or just not putting enough MAN into it. I don't wanna damage anything or have it break loose and I end up denting my tank...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

richierich781

did you already take of the handlebars? if you did put them back on, it is easier to unloosen the risers if the handlebars are installed.

Kdubb223

I realized that having the handlebar off before loosening was a mistake, took way more effort than necessary. Oh well I like the final outcome.

Thanks again guys!

Attachments

DakinechicK

Looks great! Nice job.

Michael Wilson

Just a tech tip for next time: buy a MINI propane torch. Lock tight is easily defeated with a small heat source :)

lmzj0004

what brand of clip-ons do you have and did you get it with a riser?

BatmanFZ10

i am currently installing the clip ons. do you have any advice on how to do it. or a how to guide.

Last edited:

Harrisch

I realized that having the handlebar off before loosening was a mistake, took way more effort than necessary. Oh well I like the final outcome.

Thanks again guys!
is it tougher to pull U turns and stuff? looks like theres not much room for hand when your turning slow speed, i noticed a little tighter just when i flipped my risers, i wonder what thats like haha

applejax

is it tougher to pull U turns and stuff? looks like theres not much room for hand when your turning slow speed, i noticed a little tighter just when i flipped my risers, i wonder what thats like haha
Clip-ons are 100% adjustable. You position them to best suit your arm position and low speed // fully locked out turns.

I turn better with my apex clip ons than I ever did with stock bars.

Karlbee92

Clip-ons are 100% adjustable. You position them to best suit your arm position and low speed // fully locked out turns.

I turn better with my apex clip ons than I ever did with stock bars.
Did you have to modify the stock fairing? Do you have any pictures?

Kdubb223

Did you have to modify the stock fairing? Do you have any pictures?
There is no reason to modify anything with clip ons that go above the triple tree. Look at my pictures on my profile and you will see. It is not hard to make u turns either and I can turn lock to lock with no issues.

Hope that helps

JesDaddy

There is no reason to modify anything with clip ons that go above the triple tree. Look at my pictures on my profile and you will see. It is not hard to make u turns either and I can turn lock to lock with no issues.

Hope that helps
Where did you order them from? I want some!!