Pissed me off

Bert-Aus

I bought this bike purely because I push hard-as on no matter what I ride.

I want to be around to see my kids give it a shot on what-ever it is they choose.

The way I wayed it up -I got something that does everything I need it to!

Without the excessive price, running costs or insurance.
Most of the time I am splitting through traffic and over taking shmuck's on all types of bike who are scared shittless of taking their feet off the ground. In the twisties I keep up with bigger bikes when until they get to stoooopid speeds, in the twisties I go around them again!

scoop47501

Second post here so be gentle.
Just bought a fZ6R for my wife. She came off of a V Star 1300. Over the years we have run into jerks on all brands and styles of bikes.
They are not worth the worry when there are roads waiting to be ridden.
I ride a FJR and a Super Tenere and did about 16,000 miles last year.
The bikes fit me and perform the way I expect. If it was on a FZ6R I would still be riding a ton of miles each year.
Ride far , ride often
Scooper

Papa Weeley

First of all, Poppa you have the coolest handle. I have heard from several experienced riders (I am not one) that its a far better time to have a more humble bike and ride it hard, rather than having bike you can rarely take close to the edge. At about 7K miles' experience, I'm just now unlocking the 6R.

Thank you!
All very true, but I'm at a loss about why those guys are always talking smack; a Ducati 900 is hardly a slug, and if they were as knowledgeable about sportbikes as they seem to think they are, they'd know their handling is legendary.
Ah well...as you alluded to, as long as we're having fun riding what we're riding, who cares what other people think!
Have fun, and be safe!

buzzbomb

Elite Member