Pin striping wheels great tip

2w05thletes

Awesome. Thank you for sharing. :D

Shake

Thanks for posting that. I shall head out tomorrow on a hunt for yellow tape. :thumbup: I am guessing I can find it at most autoparts stores (Autozone)?

stevet

I found this tip on how to apply wheel striping tape evenly on motorcycle wheels. Make Your Own Wheel Stripe Applicator : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net It looks like an accurate simple way to apply tape.
I bought the Dunstan Blue Chrome 7mm wide stripes for my bike. Mr. Dunstan sent me many samples and I think the Blue Chrome were the best on my blue bike. They come in quarter sections and if you are really careful installing them they look really good. Great on a Blue bike. If you can get the wheel you're working on off the ground it makes it much easier so you don't have to constantly move the bike. I used a Harbor Freight Motorcycle stand and it worked well.

Shake

Jusr got done. Wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. The plastic I used for the homemade stripe tool that I made was flexing a little too much...but I think it was because the plastic I used was too thin. I still think they came out pretty good.

DutchPaul

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTkQdiiV0vs]YouTube - Lifting the bike on swing arm rear stand, and applying ProGrip wheel tape[/ame]

progrip pinstripe with applicator. it starts to be interesting @ 5:28

just in case you don't want to make the applicator yourself lol

Roaddawg

YouTube - Lifting the bike on swing arm rear stand, and applying ProGrip wheel tape

progrip pinstripe with applicator. it starts to be interesting @ 5:28

just in case you don't want to make the applicator yourself lol
That was painful watching the rear stand action. Putting a block under the side stand makes it so much easier. And, don't stand on the same side as the side stand as you try to balance it/lift it. If the bike starts tipping to the right...its on the ground. :eek: I was waiting to see him drop it as he was trying to balance it.