Pin lock

Stephenfz6r

I read some threads about Pin Lock and did not know what it was. At first I thought it was the little lock on my helmet visor that keeps it open a crack if you want the visor open less than the first click on the ratchet system. So I googled it and see that it is an antifog sheild. Quite neat. I also saw that it is standard equipment on the 2011 EXO1000. I sure could have used that type of sheild during the last riding days of 2010.:banghead: If anyone is in the market for a new helmet this seems like a good option.

Reactions: JSP

sammy56

The Pinlock is quite good and know that you can put one on most helmets. It costs some bucks.....about $75 all in for the shield (for whatever your helmet is) and the insert. I have one for my Shoei RF-1000 and it works great. Interesting that the EXO 1000 comes with the Pinlock shield....that saves about $45!

Reactions: JSP

iSpoolin

All scorpion models have the anti-fog shields as standard equipment as far as i've seen, my 2009 model Exo1000 came standard with it to.

Stephenfz6r

All scorpion models have the anti-fog shields as standard equipment as far as i've seen, my 2009 model Exo1000 came standard with it to.
My EXO1000 (2008) will still fog when its really cold, below 0 Celsius. I wear a neck warmer that acts as a seal for the helmet which adds to the fogging.

iSpoolin

My EXO1000 (2008) will still fog when its really cold, below 0 Celsius. I wear a neck warmer that acts as a seal for the helmet which adds to the fogging.
I don't know i've TRIED to fog mine and made it fog in below 12 degree weather, but it still would just fog barely and instantly dissapear.