Photoshop expert needed!

ajskillz13

I have been admiring the Ducati 848 Evo (White & Red) lately and a buddy just suggested that I paint my bike up like that. I have a plain white FZ6R already, so I was wondering if anyone would be able to photoshop the Ducati red onto the wheels and frame like they have on the 848.

I'm sure I'd be too chicken to try it, but I'd love to see if it would even do anything for our bike.

I know there are some great artists on here, so let me see what you've got!

Attachments

ajskillz13

... "Tanks fur nuh-tin'" :rolleyes:

Come on! :wav:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ajskillz13

No worries! Just trying to keep my thread on top of the list. I've been trying to use some photo editing tools to do the work myself, but I can't even get in the ballpark of what NeoTericJM did on his "Paint" thread.

Guess I should have posted in there and it would have gotten more attention.

cavcuz05

heres my 10min shot at it

ajskillz13

That looks pretty good. Any other components that would make sense to accent with red as well? Maybe lower black cowling piece covering the headers.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ajskillz13

Good call there. I would be very annoyed with mismatch paint. I think I'd stick with the frame and the wheels. Funny thing is that I showed my wife that first mock-up and she was on board!

I can't wait to see what NeoTericJM comes up with. Anyone have any experience with Yamaha Warranty Service? Would painting the frame or wheels void the warranty?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ajskillz13

I figured it would be fine, but you never know with that stuff. These companies are so sensitive on warranty claims. I got the extended warranty, but I'm not sure how valuable it will be. Seems like they exclude the things that are most likely to fail.

NeoTericJM

I made an attempt at coloring. I didnt have a lot of time between work and classes just starting up but I tried. I wasn't that successful because it was really hard to apply a very bright red over dark rims. By this i mean still making it possible to see the shadows and highlights especially on the rear tire. It seemed to pretty much mask every. Though in a deep red it worked kind of.
Hope this helps at all.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ajskillz13

Thanks a bunch NeoTericJM!!! That's exactly what I was looking for.

I really think that's about all the red it needs. The only other spot I though would be neat was the imprinted "YAMAHA" on both sides of the engine.

Looked at the bike in the garage last night and decided that I really like how it looks now, but I think if I end up moving up to a little larger sport tourer in the future, I'll have to throw this paint job on the 6R and keep it for a fun ride around town.

Who knows, though. Like I said, my wife likes it. She may change my mind by next winter!