Personal agent

Getlow4OG

Not exactly what I'm looking for but it will work for a title.
I'm trying to figure this out and maybe someone on here can help. I am a professional bull rider for a living and I'm trying to ease my work load, between actually competing I'm having to schedule what rodeos I want to go to, which then entitles, hotel, airlines (if best), rent-a-car....the works. Being that I go to 80-110 rodeos a year it gets hectic.
So I came up with the idea to hire someone to do it for me and all I do is rodeo. Making life simple lol where do y'all think I should even begin on trying to find someone to help me like this. Travel agent is one thing, but I want them to do all the phone calls to enter in the rodeos as well
Any ideas? I have no clue so anything yall think is better than I had.

Fizzer6R

very cool!

have you spoken to other professional bull riders, can only assume they have the same needs you do, if they don't have any friends or family that help them out

good luck, and let us know on your progress throughout the year esp.how your career is going...

Getlow4OG

Most guys do it theirselves like I am now, but I'm trying to get out of it so I can ease the mind. Others have their wives or something like that do it.

And will do on keeping y'all up to date

Getlow4OG

Good idea! I feel foolish for not thinking of it hahaha

CrazyCawi

Good idea! I feel foolish for not thinking of it hahaha
I would hire an executive assistant. You need to be able to trust the person so dont take the first person you get biting at the bit. Also let them know they will be traveling with you, that could be a huge incentive to some intelligent young hotties in that executive admin field ;) :cool::eek: The hotter your agent the more noticed you will become when going place to place as well.

Getlow4OG

Yea that's another key part of it. I am gonna have to trust them. I want to have one hired after this season, cause I'm thinking its gonna take a bit of research to find someone to fit my needs in the field I'm asking them to help me with.
Girl idea isn't that bad of a thought hahaha

jamesgarfield

Gotta be careful of craigslist assistants...for all you know theyll put you in a middle seat row 26 next to the toilet haha

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

anson650

How long is your season? How much time does it take you to do all the scheduling? How many hours per week, month etc? A temp agency would have people that have been checked out, but they are expensive. How much of your income are you willing to give up for help? Some people do personal assisting for large and small groups. My daughter does it in Winter Park Fl through her website "Mission Accomplice". How to find them in your area? Look for an event planner.
Anson

Getlow4OG

No joke haha
I was honestly thinking more or less that someone who doesn't go along with me. I don't go to work with you, you don't go to work with me kind of deal. Guess I need to call some buddies up around home and see if they got anyone that might be able to help. I would love to get someone that I have a personal relationship with.....this is gonna be a tough one to dig up but I think it's gonna be a good move

CrazyCawi

I dont believe it until you show us picturers of you riding bull :)

(ps. why cant you get your mom to do the planning part time)

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Getlow4OG

Haha here's a pic for ya CrazyCrawl
I appreciate all y'all's help as well. Here is the biggest problems that I see as of right now. The organization I'm in (PRCA) now puts up over 700 rodeos a year. Season begins roughly mid-November and ends beginning of December the following year. So a season more or less is 13 months long. When your wrapping up a season your beginning the new one (headache lol)
All that in mind I have to pick in choose 80-100 rodeos, I'm allowed to compete in 175 but that is a lot harder to do than you think lol
Where it gets difficult is making sure I get in the right rodeos (highest paying ones) I don't want to go to one 10 miles down the road that has a purse of $1500 when I can go to Oregon that has a purse for $30,000!
That parts self explanatory, it gets crazy when your scheduling to do multiple rodeos a night. I would like to do 13 rodeos in 10 days around 4th of July.
It can be hectic to do day in and day out.
Not sure how much I want to budget on someone to do it for me just yet. I love my mom to death but she has tried and failed multiple times for me and girlfriend said hell no hahaha

Attachments

JR_99

Random side note...

I went to the PBR at Madison Square Garden on Saturday for the first time and it was AWESOme! You guys are nuts!! Props to you brother

Getlow4OG

Haha nah just takes the boredom out of my life when I'm not competing

Roaddawg

Put an ad in Craigslist for a "personal assistant." At least that's what I think they're called. At least it's what celebrities call them. If "Entourage" is to be believed...
I don't know about that...could get some creepy people calling...

HELP WANTED: "Bull Rider" looking for a "Personal Assistant" to help me with my "Rodeos".

Make sure you post it in the right section.....Just saying!! :eek:

Getlow4OG

Lol I been talking to some people around where I live, maybe if I feed enough beers out one night I can get someone to commit to it free of charge haha