Pennsylvania riding at its best

Kspalla

Just getting a shout out to all the PA 6R's out there, ive seen a few junior members with the PA location and only a post or two.. would like to connect with you guys and get some rides set up for the spring time (cant wait)
we probably have some of the best roads to ride just here and there but beautiful scenery along the way and quite a few twisties!! :D

names: Keith, nice to meet you- feel free to post some popular routes that you have enjoyed

Kspalla

234 after Arendtsville called the narrows to 233 up to Mt Holly springs and back!! Love that ride

Just getting it started as one of my favs

:thumbup:

Funkmaxtor

I'm in Pine Grove PA. A few of us ride PA 125 all the time.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MC#4

I like to run rt. 235 from beaversprings to Mcalisterville on occasion.
Also rt. 104 from Mt. Pleasant Mills to liverpool. Most of my rides are very local, like within 30-45 mins. from my house. I am in selinsgrove, about an hour north of harrisburg, an hour south of Williamsport, an hour east of State College or an hour west of Bloomsburg. Central PA.

Did all of the PA guys put their bikes away already???
I just had mine out two days ago.

ry-mac75

A buddy of mine rode down the back highways from Toronto to Philly - I was amazed how pretty PA was. Very nice piece of country you have there.

ry-mac75

A buddy of mine rode down the back highways from Toronto to Philly - I was amazed how pretty PA was. Very nice piece of country you have there.
That should read 'my buddy and I...'

sltwhr

My Nephew and I are right outside Harrisburg. We do a regular loop 850, 274, 75, and 17. Usually takes us 3-4 hours and we get to hit a couple nice mountain ranges and a bunch of twisties. We'll have to def hook up for some rides in the spring. After looking at the long range weather report I packed her in for the year:(

Kspalla

guess you missed the Chambersburg ride a week or so back... and the Pine Grove ride a month or so back... some of us came up from VA, MD for those, and had some PA guys down to harpers ferry area for a WV, VA tour as well....

will definitely have more rides next year, keep an eye out on here.
Yeah dart i missed those both but got a chance to talk to a guy from chambersburg and we will be hooking up in the spring, he said it was time for him to put his away...

Looking foreward to some of those rides with you guys

Kspalla

My Nephew and I are right outside Harrisburg. We do a regular loop 850, 274, 75, and 17. Usually takes us 3-4 hours and we get to hit a couple nice mountain ranges and a bunch of twisties. We'll have to def hook up for some rides in the spring. After looking at the long range weather report I packed her in for the year:(

That looks like a beautiful route!!!! :eek: Ive been up that way but it was only in a cager :(

haven't made it up there lately, last time i was in new bloomfield

Kspalla

I haven't been able to bring myself to put her away yet!!!

Looking foreward to next monday the 22nd forecast says 63 and sunny, i have off work and might take her out for what might be the last time this year {maybe the last time}
:)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

FZ6RJIM

that's the spirit! fight mother nature tooth and nail.... :D
haha dart thats funny. BTW i love your avatar. i still havent offically sent mine to lock up yet to sit in my cold basement but i need to. sltwhr and i hit some good roads around here. I find most of the better roads are up around perry county area or really anywhere away from a big city. i look forward to going on some good rides with you guys this spring! :thumbup:

Kspalla

Had the bike out for a couple runs, around town nothing long, was great till i stopped at an old friends house..... through a couple "how you doings" and "its great to see ya's" he informed me that he's getting a divorce after 20 years :eek:, talk about take the wind out of my sails!!

A sturdy hand shake and on my way.... made it about a mile and turned around and went home, to spent some time with my wife and kids.. didn't have the spirit to ride anymore that day.

This is a stupid and bs way out of a situation where people can get through stuff but don't want to because the "world" claims; if it is tough run away, easier to start over than try to put the effort into what you have!
:rant:

Wasn't such a great day after all

Kspalla

Finally made the call and caged her up for the winter ugh... that was a tough decision but the frost bitten fingers called it! see you guys in the spring

Funkmaxtor

Nah... Rode mine to work yesterday morning. 18 degrees on the way in. 22 degrees on the way home. Only thing that got really cold was my fingertips.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Kspalla

Welcome Mike good to see you picked one up.. lost of good guys on here and we will be getting something together in the spring, I was thinking of doing a couple longer trips next year... we will see how it goes with work and all.

Funk and dart it seems i might not have all the gear that i need to ride in the very cold weather but maybe next year she will let me get the proper stuff.

take care out there don't want to loose anyone!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member