PCV setting Accel pump

travisH3

Hey everyone,

was doing a little reading and found out i never set the accel pump on the PCV map when i downloaded everything.

I found this post thanks to Marthy on how to do it.

Go on my website under tech support and download Advgear RevB. If you didn't connect the speed sensor to the PCV use the Sport or Touring RevB.

For the A/P go under Configure, feature and enable the A/P and click on the icon on the right side to set the parameter. (75, 30, 16)

save...
here is a picture of the setting typed in how you will see it. this is where the 75,30,16 come into play.

once you put those in press okay and send the map. i havent got to go do a test ride yet so results will follow.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

I had mine set to kick in at 6750rpm for 900rpm,
it was a handy (& noticeable boost) for overtaking

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

travisH3

16% fuel is in the high end... start with 12% and go up 2% at the time until you don't feel any difference then back up one change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
well I took it for a ride before i seen your reply. should i turn it down or what? the bike felt like it had a little more power. it didnt make my jaw drop or anything but it did bump the power a little bit.

Bert-Aus

Up your duration, your current setting of 30 revolutions -I doubt you could notice that more than a fly farting on your arm

Don't forget your motor is running at about 8850rpm with the throttle at 75%

That is why I set mine to trigger at 6750 (roughly 60% throttle)
as my normal cruising rpm was around 6000rpm,
so a blip on the throttle was roughly around there
and that is where the boost for a longer duration made the difference.

The 900 revolutions equals approx. an 8 second blast of fuel boost

travisH3

Up your duration, your current setting of 30 revolutions -I doubt you could notice that more than a fly farting on your arm

ok so the trigger is the rpm that the boost kicks in and at 75%(8800rpm) is when it kicks in? so by taking it to 60% it will kick in sooner? and what does the duration mean? sorry for asking the questions, just trying to know what im doing so i can better understand exactly whats being tweaked. what do you recommend i go to for duration? and lastly should i pull back on the 16% like marthy said?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

travisH3

not sure what it does. my understanding was a % change in throttle, not an absolute position. I've got mine at the 70/30/15 but was thinking it should be a lot lower, like I'm cruising along and want to go. so a 30-40 % change and I want it to kick in.... just not sure as the documentation isn't clear
this is why i dont tune my 60k dollar truck myself lol. too many unknowns and what ifs lol. thats why i usually try to leave it to the pros..... like marthy hahahahaha

Bert-Aus

You can set the fuel addition to what you choose, as Marthy suggested begin with 12% and work out what you want from there.

I ended up setting mine at 20%
As far as I understand it to work, it will inject an extra 20% on top of what I had added within the map I was running.

By this method it was noticeable, in that when I blipped the throttle the motor would run up (boost) about 1000rpm over that 8 seconds without over twisting my throttle.
For which my purpose was to use it purely for overtaking with a burst of acceleration, but not having to wring the throttle to overtake and then pull the bike up under brakes once completing the overtake

ST3RL0

So instead of having a duration of 30, you're running 900 I presume? I set mine to 45 @ 60% but will drop it to 45% as it's closer to my cruising throttle

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bert-Aus

So instead of having a duration of 30, you're running 900 I presume? I set mine to 45 @ 60% but will drop it to 45% as it's closer to my cruising throttle

Yes 900 was my duration.
To work it out
If Redline (100% throttle)=11800rpm
If Trigger is 45% (cruising throttle)= 5310rpm

If your current fuel addition in map at 5400rpm(refer to pcv map) is 20.
Accel pump Fuel Addition (%) at 40 will equal a total of 60% fuel increase above normal efi/ ecu fuel/ O2 settings.

Duration of 900 @ 5400rpm
5400/ 60seconds= 90revs per second
900revs / 90revs= 10seconds of Fuel Addition @ 160%

IMO will squirt quite a bit & prob blow flames out the pipe (mostly visible at night:eek:)
Either way above is how to work it out, but experiment with how much you add & its timing,
Keep in mind the Accel pump will turn on every time at that throttle position in each gear.

Keep us posted on your experiments, & keep her sticky side down

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ST3RL0

IMO will squirt quite a bit & prob blow flames out the pipe (mostly visible at night:eek:)
Either way above is how to work it out, but experiment with how much you add & its timing,
Keep in mind the Accel pump will turn on every time at that throttle position in each gear.
Tomorrow's ride to work will be fun [emoji1]

SixRFixR

The reference to rpm confused me, so I looked up what Power Commander says about this function.

"The Power Commander V has a feature called Accel Pump. This gives you the ability to add, or remove fuel for a short time when the throttle is moved quickly. The three options need to be configured to accomplish what you want to achieve.

Trigger is the amount of throttle movement. A value of 20 means if the throttle is quickly moved 20 percent or more, the Accel Pump is activated.

Duration is the length of time the Accel Pump would be active. For example a value of 83 would give about one second of fuel at 5000 rpm, and two seconds of fuel at 2500 rpm.

Fuel Adjustment is the percent of fuel to add, or remove. Positive numbers add fuel, negative numbers remove fuel"

So this feature is activated at any rpm whenever the throttle is quickly opened by at least X% of full range. An extra Y% of fuel is added for Z revolutions. Hmm. So if we're at 30% throttle already with a trigger setting of 75, going to WOT won't kick in this feature. Hmm. Sounds like we need a much lower number.

Last edited:

travisH3

OK so im gonna lower the trigger to 60% because i tent to keep rpms pretty low unless im passing or something. What should I change duration to?

ST3RL0

I've got mine at 900 duration at the moment, but for me, a trigger of 45% is still too high.

Bert-Aus

Try changing the 45% up to a higher setting, like +60%.
At 45% in 2nd gear you would be traveling around 40-50km/h, hence why it feels too much too soon.
What you want from the Accel Pump feature is only an extra boost for a short period, which why I set mine at 60% to make it useful.

The 60% trigger for worked really well for me with a 900 duration & 20% fuel addition.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

ST3RL0

Thing is though, I rarely use more than 50% throttle so having it at 60 for has no benefit. In saying that, I'm just experimenting with new features

SixRFixR

Accelerator pumps in carbs shoot a brief, <1 sec shot of fuel to take care of a transient lean condition when the throttle is suddenly opened. The regular fuel circuitry should be sufficient after that. If this PCV function is supposed to emulate a carb's accelerator pump, the duration should be low. Also, I agree with Dart1963 that the throttle position trigger point should be smaller; otherwise, it'll hardly ever kick in.

is this feature needed? I was just going to download Marthy's map and not mess with any of the numbers...point being I have no idea what I'm doing and don't want to ruin the bike