PC3 on the 1125R

Hellgate

Hey Everyone,

So today I dropped the bike off at AF1 Racing in New Braunfels, TX to have a Power Commander 3 install. Yup, you are correct, DynoJet doesn't make a PC3 for the 1125 series so I'll make one myself.

AF1 has a Factory Pro Eddy Current dyno for a 4 Gas EGA sensor. I like this set up as it allows the tuner to "see" into the combustion of the bike. The whole idea is to get the most effecient combustion for a given rpm and throttle setting. On many bikes the result is often leaner not richer. It all depends on the bike, throttle position, etc, etc.

Because Buell isn't an "open" source bike we'll be using ECM Spy, the BDDFI-III Tuner software and of course the results from the dyno sessions to make the changes to the ECU and the PC3 - brain surgery.

We will begin with a baseline dyno run. Being an Eddy Current I suspect we'll be at 119 to 122 hp at the wheel.

Usually a tuning session is pretty straight forward but because this is new territory it may take a little longer. To do this we will be using a PC3 from an early model Aprilia RSV1000. Being that the RSV and the 1125R are made by Rotax the electronics and FI are very similar. I sent AF1 photo of the FIs and a variety of other plugs a while ago so they could begin planning the project. There maybe a little splicing but nothing too major.

As far a results I'd guess we'll be in the neighborhood of 130 to 133hp and I really want a smoother throttle and a smoother running bike. Another reason I'm doing this is once the PC3 is installed follow on mods will be very easy to dyno tune into the package.

As I get results I'll post them. :thumbup:

D

dako81

Can't wait to see the results on this project. It is going to be even more of a beast!

D

dako81

I guess I'm the only one who cares?, other than you of course.

Still anticipating your results.

H

Hollywood416

Should be interesting to see what improvements you can get from the dyno tune. I imagine it's not going to be cheap though unless you are in good with them.

Hellgate

Probably next week. The bike is in the shop and I have a just released, brand new flash utility on order. I need to reflash the ECU first with a flash that is pretty much the Buell race flash, sort of. Then once the ECU has a better program we'll tune it with the PC3.

The flash device is coming from Ohiosportbike.com. At 8,500 rpm they are making 20 more hp with the newest flash!!!! Peak hp is up about 15 hp. The best part is the bike run quieter, cooler and smoother.

The PC will let us take the OSB tune and refine it that much more using the results from the dyno.

Hellgate

Should be interesting to see what improvements you can get from the dyno tune. I imagine it's not going to be cheap though unless you are in good with them.
True a good dyno tune is not cheap, about $350 for the dyno time. The PC3 is about $250 and there will be other things too; cable ends, plugs, fuel, etc. The OSB flash utility was at a super good guy price that I can't disclose.

D

dako81

Probably next week. The bike is in the shop and I have a just released, brand new flash utility on order. I need to reflash the ECU first with a flash that is pretty much the Buell race flash, sort of. Then once the ECU has a better program we'll tune it with the PC3.

The flash device is coming from Ohiosportbike.com. At 8,500 rpm they are making 20 more hp with the newest flash!!!! Peak hp is up about 15 hp. The best part is the bike run quieter, cooler and smoother.

The PC will let us take the OSB tune and refine it that much more using the results from the dyno.
DANG! Sounds sweet!

S

shreveport1

Well Allright!! :D that's really cool man.I can't wait to see the results!!:rockon: