Passed Today

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

SurfJunkie

I commuted on the side streets to work when i had a permit for about 4 or 5 months. Then I took the DMV test and got my license.

I rode mini bikes for eternity around my grandfathers old neighborhood from since I could walk. Those were all illegal miles :)

BradSPE

The Navy has a MSF course where they supply motorcycles for you to ride all free of charge which is nice and it is actually mandated that if you show interest in riding you have to be allowed to take the course. Following that you can take your card and go straight to the DMV take the written test and get your M. So 0 miles prior to my M.

Although, the Navy then makes you take a follow on advanced course in 60 days to maintain your eligibility to ride as a military member. The rules are fairly robust. If you go down without wearing all your gear for example outside of base, the military is not liable for your medical care and every two years you must take a refresher advanced course to maintain your privileges to ride.

They make it difficult to discourage riding while on active duty as it is a significant factor in loss man hours and deaths within the military community. A lot of young enlisted guys getting back from deployment buying "gixxers"...

Mguenther

I rode two years and about 16000 miles before getting my license. Of course they didn't have MC endorsements at that time. When they started issuing them I got a license before it was mandatory.
When I tood the MSF advanced course, I found that no one else in the class has a license. All were riding.

aki

~2 mile... Couple stupid teenagers hijack a buddy's mom's oldschool kickstart 150cc bike in highschool. It was fun until one of the guys tries to be cool, ends up taking out the neighbor's flower garden and almost crashes into parked car. Lucky nobody got hurt, just yelled at.

10 years after that, slightly matured and a little more responsible, took the MSF course and got the license.