Passed MSF BRC

Enjarin

Elite Member

Fizzer6R

congrats!

feel sorry for the gals taking it with a bunch of guys, would be like us taking a baking class full of women, well actually I would enjoy that, but you know what I mean

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

BKP

Congratulations on passing!

And, as *my* MSF instructors would say: "Means another biker on the road I need to wave at..."

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

tkrechel

Well my MSF BRC class is over and I PASSED. Only 7 of 12 did and only four of us passed on the first test run. The other three passed on the retake.

Lots of stuff happened to people on this one. One girl fell on exercise two and left in tears. One other person decided to front brake right before running over the 2x4 and went down hard but was able to continue. Another guy dropped it on quick stop exercise.

For the test there was one dropped bike on the quick stop. She locked up the rear. My issue was the box of course but I just tried to minimize the points deducted and not drop the bike. I really wasn't proficient enough to do it correctly. The rest of it I was ok. Only went a couple feet too far on the quick stop and couldv'e been a little faster on the turn. No points deducted for swerve.

Was challenging and the heat made it worse but I did learn a ton of stuff and it really helped my confidence level.
Congrats on passing man, that's great news! Did you by any chance take it in edwardsville at SIUE? I live in Collinsville and I noticed you're in St. Louis so just curious where ya took it at and how much fun did ya have? I am signed up for the july 6th class cause I couldn't get in before that. Maybe we can hook up and go for a ride sometime since we are close!

MustGoFaster

Winnar! Congrats and good jorb! (No typos present lolz)

redwing-2001

meganiimarie

Congrats!

feel sorry for the gals taking it with a bunch of guys, would be like us taking a baking class full of women, well actually I would enjoy that, but you know what I mean
When I took the MSF sportbike class it was 9 military guys and myself (lady, civilian) and I was extremely intimidated at first. They teased me during the classroom portion but once we got on the range they started leaving me alone ;)

sammy56

Well my MSF BRC class is over and I PASSED. Only 7 of 12 did and only four of us passed on the first test run. The other three passed on the retake.

Lots of stuff happened to people on this one. One girl fell on exercise two and left in tears. One other person decided to front brake right before running over the 2x4 and went down hard but was able to continue. Another guy dropped it on quick stop exercise.

For the test there was one dropped bike on the quick stop. She locked up the rear. My issue was the box of course but I just tried to minimize the points deducted and not drop the bike. I really wasn't proficient enough to do it correctly. The rest of it I was ok. Only went a couple feet too far on the quick stop and couldv'e been a little faster on the turn. No points deducted for swerve.

Was challenging and the heat made it worse but I did learn a ton of stuff and it really helped my confidence level.
If you weren't proficient at everything, do yourself a favor and purchase a used 250cc bike and sell when proficient. Otherwise get frame sliders for your 6R because you will likely need them. Best of luck and ride safe.

LB

Enjarin

Elite Member

tkrechel

Oh no doubt man there is no rush. Get comfortable and when you're comfortable get even more comfortable but always have that sense of alertness. When you're rdy to go hit up the roads let me know and I'll head across the river and meet up somewhere. I have only been riding street bikes for a total of 2 years but have not taken then msf until now. I'm lookin forward to seeing some bad habits I have and learning some new things. Always something new to learn!

Enjarin

Elite Member

Detrich

Congrats & safe riding. Don't forget to gear up every time u ride :)

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member