Parts Painted

SiGPiGomer

So I decided I wanted to do something different to my bike last week. So it would stand out from other bike and stuff. So on the air intake tubes on each side of the head light I painted. I only painted the front pieces at the beginning of the opening cardinal red (same color as my shock on my bike). Then I got some red neons to put inside of the air ducts. I will probably put some neons down by the radiator too, as well as the a couple on the engine. Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to hook these neons up with a toggle switch. I am debatingon painting the plastic heat shield below the radiator. Not sure if it will be too much red though. Any thoughts or opinions. When I get home today i will be putting my bike back together and will try to post pictures tonight. I know this thread is worthless until I post pictures, but they will be coming. lol

cbzdel

just in case you forgot

Yone

(Impatiently waiting for pics) :confused:

area

I know there was a garage button thread that might be able to help you setting up a toggle switch

SiGPiGomer

So I finally have some pictures to post. The quality is not the greatest since I took them last night with my camera on my phone. The red looks a lil off in the photo because of my camera, but it is the same color as the back shock. I will be posting a write up on how to wire neons today.

SiGPiGomer

I was thinking about painting the Heat Shield below the radiator too. But I am not sure if its going to be too much red on the bike. Any opinions?:confused:

joloy133

Looks awesome as is. Keep radiator stealthy. Neons in the "scoop" look great, I've been thinking of that too, will wait for your write up. Nice bike,......!!!!!

SiGPiGomer

I put about 8 coats of Cardinal Red paint. Then 8 coats of clear. Between each coat of paint and clear i wet sanded it with 800 grid sand paper. To prep the plastic, i used a scuff pad. Before painting it though, you want to put like 3 coats of adhesive promoter (helps the paint stick better).