Pants & Jacket

Cartee

Hey everybody! I Just recently bought myself a 2009 FZ6R & really want to get some proper gear, I've been reading around the forums for what other people are wearing and its been very helpful. I just need some opinions/possibly used gear as well.

I want to get pants and a jacket that are armored and good for both warm and 40-60 degree weather. I commute about an hour every day on the freeway, I'm just starting into the motorcycle life & dont have lots of money because of it, so cheap.. but quality is what I'm aiming for!

I understand I get what I pay for..
Thanks in advance!

Cartee

Oh, I forgot to mention that my bike is Yellow & I would prefer to match... so either Black/Yellow or solid black. Thanks!

CrazyCawi

silver and yellow? lol your silly

Chucker

Hey everybody! I Just recently bought myself a 2009 FZ6R & really want to get some proper gear, I've been reading around the forums for what other people are wearing and its been very helpful. I just need some opinions/possibly used gear as well.

I want to get pants and a jacket that are armored and good for both warm and 40-60 degree weather. I commute about an hour every day on the freeway, I'm just starting into the motorcycle life & dont have lots of money because of it, so cheap.. but quality is what I'm aiming for!

I understand I get what I pay for..
Thanks in advance!
I've got a Joe Rocket Atomic 4.0 and Scorpion Deuce pants. Both have removable liners. Both are warm in cool weather and good for warm weather. The pants are overpants, but I wear them with or without pants underneath and they're good. A little snug with jeans if you get a size that is comfortable with just shorts underneath, but I typically wear dress pants or shorts and they're fine with both.

Sparkxx1

You could go my route, scout the fz6r, r6 <--most active, gsxr forum for used gear. Try to buy something that someone bought, but ended up not using it much. There's many gear whores out there :cool: I just bought a slightly used Joe rocket jacket which retails at 300$ for a flat 100$. :thumbup:

Word of advice though! Do Not buy Used Helmets.

hmm, I gotta buy boots but I'll pay retail if I have to.

Last edited:

iSpoolin

I have the Icon Arc Speedfreak Jacket. Its pricey, (360$) but it was worth every penny.

If you have to save up save up, yours lifes worth it isn't it?

See red

I wear a joe rocket mesh when it's hot, and a saber series 2 for cold, I have only kevlar jeans though, I don't try to rub the chicken stripes though, I would really like to move that unworn rubber to the place I do use though. lol! I might suggest shoes or boots though. I just got the speed and strength .... uh...... dam lmao can't remember..... lmao! they are at my house go look lmao!!!! my buddy just had a toe run over in a parking lot, gettin on his bike lmao! To be honest I did point and laugh. ok, good luck.