Painted windscreen

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
So, after much coercion and heckling from shreveport1 :Flip:, I decided to paint my windscreen.

I went with Krylon Gloss Black. But I wanted to add my own custom touch to it. Hence, I stenciled "FZ6R" in Krylon Matte Aluminum just above the Yamaha symbol. You can't see the Yamaha symbol, but the FZ6R pops off the screen. I didn't paint the top lip of the screen, leaving it clear. I also didn't paint the frosted area on the sides where the windscreen attaches to the front cowling.

I think it looks awesome!!
:wav::steve::rockon::cheer:

Enjoy! :thumbup:

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

Looks real good man, the FZ6R really adds a nice accent and looks hot. I painted mine with Krylon Fusion gloss black and I think it looks 10 times better than clear.

shreveport1

I told you Man!!!! LOL.... That Look's AWESOME!!!! I realy like the custom stensil you added!! I have another stock clear screen for my bike you got me thinking Now!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

FZ6R-NE

now thats one good looking windscreen. ive been wanting a tinted one but dont want spend $100 on the yamaha one and i dont really care for the look of it. i think im going to paint mine also, leaving the frosted edges unpainted and also the lip around the top....looks good. i have a family friend that owns a body shop that also does custom decals so im thinking ill have them make me the yamaha tuning forks put on there too. The stenciled fz6r looks really good.

fz6rwolf

Gotta say that looks pretty f'n awesome!!!

stroke

i realy like the sides clear showing the yellow off underneath thats looks awesome:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
That's a McLovin professional job! :D

Really, it looks fantastic!!! :thumbup:

cbzdel

I have a an of spray paint in the garage I bought to do this, but my camcorder is mounted to the handlebars and views through the windshield, until I find a new mount spot I dont want to paint it..

mfischler

Elite Member

O-turn

Partier
Turned out very nice! I used a flat on mine, and left the lip and sides unpainted as well, sets the bike off nicely!

O-turn

Partier
Well I used it on the inside of the shield. So it still looks gloss on the outside. Im happy with it...

FZ6R-NE

O-turn, I would to see how the screen looks on a blue bike. and if the flat really does look the same as the gloss it would save me a trip to wal-mart (i live in a small town 20 miles from the nearest wal-mart and the hardware store in town only has krylon fusion in satin) post some pictures if you could.

O-turn

Partier
O-turn, I would to see how the screen looks on a blue bike. and if the flat really does look the same as the gloss it would save me a trip to wal-mart (i live in a small town 20 miles from the nearest wal-mart and the hardware store in town only has krylon fusion in satin) post some pictures if you could.

I will snap a few tonight when I get home, I love the look!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Brian, it looks good. :thumbup:

But, to me, there is something just kinda "off" about it. You took the graphics off the fairings, correct? Without them, the silver fairing bolts look out of place between the dark blue paint, and the black plastic ram-air vents. Maybe it's just me, but that open blue area throws me off. :don'tknow:

O-turn

Partier
I could maybe spray them with some high temp, I agree that would look good. I hadnt even noticed it.

joloy133

Hey O: there are fairing bolt kits with black anodized finishes, $60 give or take. You only need 6 a side, (recount). These won't chip off when removing and stuff. (an option)...................