Paid off my bike today! Woot Woot!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

congrats

Congrats JT, sweet looking bike. Paying off in 14 months is good. I was going to pay mine off early but then I realized im paying so little interest id rather pay off more of my credit card and drag the bike out as long as I can. My payment is a whopping $75 a month. Bet it will feel good to have title in hand though!

Detrich

What a feeling! Right?

Congrats! :)

ajones70

Wow!! Thats fantastic! Now she totally belongs to you!!
You have done some awesome work on your bike. It truly looks fantastic and you should be proud!!

xleeb0y13x

Awesome bro. There's a weight off that I look forward to. And the bike looks great.

Sent while running with scissors.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MrGti

I paid my bike off in 2 years. There is no better feeling then to have the title to my bike and my 3 cars.

Pinarello Rider

Paid off my bike today! Woot Woot! :D:D:D:D

took 14 months from the day I got her at the dealer with 0 miles at a crazy high price! o well I got what I wanted, the beast is now paid off and fully mod-ed thanks to everyone on the forum!

Still have some light mods and gear I want but nothing big.

Thanks again to all the help I have received from our awesome forum members
Congrats JT!!! Paying something off is a good feeling. I paid cash for mine (my bike is a "toy" in my mind, so I won't borrow money to buy it YMMV), but I can't WAIT until the mortgage is paid off. We just refinanced from 30year 5.3% to 14 year 2.5% and we are paying that sucker off twice as fast.

Nik2133

Congrats JT!!! Paying something off is a good feeling. I paid cash for mine (my bike is a "toy" in my mind, so I won't borrow money to buy it YMMV), but I can't WAIT until the mortgage is paid off. We just refinanced from 30year 5.3% to 14 year 2.5% and we are paying that sucker off twice as fast.
If you're paying 2.5%, you might want to think again about accelerating the payments. Instead, if you can find a way to (safely) invest and earn, say 4%, then you would come out ahead. Being prudent about debt is one thing (and I'm a strong proponent of that, just like you) - but there's also something called being financially "under-leveraged". If you're below 40-45, think again about paying down too soon.... just my $0.02.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

latony007

absolutely

If you're paying 2.5%, you might want to think again about accelerating the payments. Instead, if you can find a way to (safely) invest and earn, say 4%, then you would come out ahead. Being prudent about debt is one thing (and I'm a strong proponent of that, just like you) - but there's also something called being financially "under-leveraged". If you're below 40-45, think again about paying down too soon.... just my $0.02.
My brother is a financial advisor and he has a saying about dragging those kind of interest rates out as long as you can. You can pretty easy earn 4 by putting it into something instead of paying off, but congrats 2.5 for 14 is fricken awesome, but I thought you were moving to so cal :)

Pinarello Rider

My brother is a financial advisor and he has a saying about dragging those kind of interest rates out as long as you can. You can pretty easy earn 4 by putting it into something instead of paying off, but congrats 2.5 for 14 is fricken awesome, but I thought you were moving to so cal :)
haha!! You've got a good memory Tony! That particular job didn't pan out (I turned it down) for a number of reasons, but that whole excercise convinced me that paying down the mortgage is more important because it is flexibility. Without too many details, to refinance we had to take PMI for a year or two (obviously we aren't underwater), but it's important for us to have as much equity in the house as we can so that we can have a cushion should relocation become an option again. Right now, finding ANYTHING that pays out 4% or better is a touch pill to swallow, especially if you know you may need that money in the near future. Which for us is a possibility. I could throw 10k into a "fund" and watch it go to $8k tomorrow.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

true!! but I made my baby mine I cant and wont let her go lol
you surely have. I just noticed this, where they heck did you get the red chain?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member