OVERpants? Who uses and what

tractorboy

I now wear jeans or worse dress slacks going to work. Not the best so Im thinking of some overpants to wear. help in case of some light rain....water.

What do you guys recommend/wear?? Thanks for advice and Im new to street riding...

Trying to bulk up on safety gear and accessories.

T

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeN02

I got a frank thomas XTI jacket that's water proof, didn't know that.

Couple months later I invested in a XTI Mesh Pants too, couldn't decide between mesh or rain.

Was in the same shoes as you, didn't really have time to throw on jeans from home, get to work and change and I kept wearing my work dress pants while riding. Then I started going to the gym and it got really hot after, so I rode squid at like 6 in the morning when there were no cars.

I thought that it was really dangerous, so I bought the pants and haven't looked back. Though because I'm a short person, the knee guards actually protect my shins instead unless I hike them up. Their big enough for me to use as overpants, and small enough to just wear as pants. They also zip up to my jacket for comfort.

Now let me tell you, my "jeans" that I always wore before were really crappy, they were flapping in the wind etc. The textile pants are great, they don't flap in the wind, people ask what type of pants are those or they know, and it doesn't look half bad on yourself.

bjpinub

+1 here. Had to take the liner out because even in the cooler weather, khakis, a liner, and then the over pants got a little warm. I purchased a set after some users on this forum recommended them to me. It is nice to be able to zip them into my Cortech jacket, reducing the fear of the pants possible sliding and causing the knee armor to not line up with my knees. For the price and what they offer, I don't have the first regret buying my set of TourMaster Caliber pants.

Roaddawg

I've got the caliber ones as well. Wear them everyday. They get a little warm in the summer unless your moving. I've also never used the quilted liner, just jeans and maybe long johns when it's in the 30's.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
FirstGear HT Air 2.0 overpants. Even though they are mesh, with the wind/waterproof liner in them, I use them right down to 35 degrees. :D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

goldenguy422

7.0 Rocket's

I have the Joe Rocket Ballistic 7.0 Textile Pants too. Windproof, waterproof, removable liner, hip pads, knee pads, legs zip up from the bottom and (or) down from the top (on both outer and inner layers). Only issue I've had with them is that sometimes the leg zippers snag on the flaps to cover them once they're done up. I'd still recommend them.