Outgrew the FZ6R...

RoadTrip

So are you fully happy with it? I'm seriously considering upgrading. Idc about the speed i want the power. Sick of my boys running off and leaving me in the straights. Keep up with them in the corners. I love the fz6r but "we need more power!"
I love rmbeuc's new bike, but I really think the next logical step for most FZ6R riders is a 600SS (if the sport side is your thing), they go nearly as fast as a liter and have a lower cost of ownership (and less potential gotchas) - I may get a liter some day as well, but am far from outgrowing my gixxer600, I never really feel like I need more power, I may end up just keeping the gixxer for a full decade, it's a great bike.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIGbEgqvQ_w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIGbEgqvQ_w[/ame]

Last edited:

Bradlockard

I love rmbeuc's new bike, but I really think the next logical step for most FZ6R riders is a 600SS (if the sport side is your thing), they go nearly as fast as a liter and have a lower cost of ownership (and less potential gotchas) - I may get a liter some day as well, but am far from outgrowing my gixxer600, I never really feel like I need more power, I may end up just keeping the gixxer for a full decade, it's a great bike.

Great advice, thanks.

rmbeuc

So are you fully happy with it? I'm seriously considering upgrading. Idc about the speed i want the power. Sick of my boys running off and leaving me in the straights. Keep up with them in the corners. I love the fz6r but "we need more power!"
The power and torque is unreal and the cross-plane sound is truly one of a kind! I am very happy with it and I'm never looking back. If you can though, keep the 6r for long rides and commuting. I rode the 6r for the first time since I got the R1 and I gotta say, whatever the R1 has in power, the 6r makes up in comfort and versatility!

rmbeuc

gsxr 600 vs. busa vs. 1000 - YouTube
This is true, and right now suzuki has 0% APR for 4 years! I had to pay a hefty price for mine, but it really was and is my dream bike. gixxers are awesome!

Chevyfazer

The power and torque is unreal and the cross-plane sound is truly one of a kind! I am very happy with it and I'm never looking back. If you can though, keep the 6r for long rides and commuting. I rode the 6r for the first time since I got the R1 and I gotta say, whatever the R1 has in power, the 6r makes up in comfort and versatility!
I keep telling myself to hold out until the fz1 gets a crossplane crank, but at this rate I don't know if it will happen. But that sound! That truly intoxicating glorious sound!

That sound would sell me on the bike alone, the only other inline 4 that I've herd that comes close is the z1000 because of how the exhaust is run. The left 2 cyl's are on their own system as well as the right 2 so it ends up sounding like 2 p-twins.

Last edited: