Out of Gas!

ramflyer1899

I'm shipping my FZ6R to Germany on Monday so I had to empty the tank but I decided I'd do it the fun way.

I clocked 34.5 miles on it from the time the F-Trip started counting. Tha was riding high revs and lots of stops and quick starts so slowing down/cruising would probally get you pretty close to 40+ miles.

I'm sure nobody would really run that low, but it's a good FYI since the book does not tell you how much further you can ride after the fuel gauge starts to blink.

I can't to see my bike on the other side of the pond!

MNDZA

I posted a thread on here about how I made it 52 miles running on low fuel....I had like a tenth of a gallon left when I finally filled up. Mostly highway riding though. I've heard several people say that it's not good to let the tank run dry though.

fz6rwolf

For shipping he would have to have a completely dry tank though. I'm just curious if was out riding it to run it dry how'd he get it back? Someone following with a truck?

ramflyer1899

I actually ran out in my driveway. My rides kept getting shorter and shorter - staying closer and closer to my house.

I'd came back and slosh the fuel around and decided how much further ride. I'd then do another run around the neighborhood.

On the final ride "trip" I came and it died as soon as I put it over on the kickstand. After that I stood it back up and waited for it to run out - took about 4 or 5 minutes. Luckily this all took place in my driveway! :)

acasey07

the guy at the dealer told me you can get about 25 plus miles when the ftrip comes on and i generally fill up about 20 miles into that, i like running it bone dry for some reason :confused: but every time i fill up it seems that I can never get more than 3.7 gallons in the tank, its listed as having a 4.something gallon tank so im just wondering where that extra gallon or so of gas is... or why my low fuel indicator comes on so earl. :(

fz6rwolf

I think we have about 4.6 if I remember, then again I'm 47 and have CRS (Can't Remember S&%t)