Other motorcycle forums (r6-forum etc)

06330i

So, I got a username on r6-forum. Mainly got one so I could find some older r6 parts that I need for my little project I have going on. Let me tell you, and I'm not one to really criticize, but some people on that forum are REALLY RUDE. Need I say I'm very grateful for how helpful everyone is on this forum and how we are almost like a "family." Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's a lot of nice helpful people on there, but there's been a few forums that I've been through that just left me in awe of how they were acting. It seems like they have an absolute hatred for people doing "squid" things. They practically terrorized this kid on there for doing a wheelie with no jacket or armor pants on. Yes I agree that's dumb, but the kid asked a question about something completely different and then they turned everything on him about how he was riding in his avatar. So to make a long story short I'm glad everyone here isn't like that and I'm grateful for the existence of this wonderful forum!! Thank you! :thumbup:

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

06330i

Lol, I use to be on a bmw forum (e90post) and a lot of the guys on there were the same way. I met a lot of people locally through there and they all seemed pretty down to earth, but a lot of the guys from out west (socal) specifically were quite rude. Almost seemed like they thought they were better than you even though you owned the same damn car they did.

roundhouse

i am a member of the r6 forum but when i sold my r6 i didnt need the info anymore. came here. if i am looking for parts its craigslist or ebay

danieljardim

That's why I think Ill never leave here. Feels like family, everybody wants to help, we do have different opinions but in the end we always try to understand each other.

The ducati forum I only use when I have questions about the bike, It's a bunch of snobs trying to see who is the richest one around.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF SQUIDS AND I HATE YOU! I'M WAY COOLER THAN ANY OF YOU AND MY 6R WAS THE ONLY COOL 6R EVER AND ALL OF YOURS SUCK AND I'M SO COOL MY COOLEST 6R IN THE WORLD WASN'T EVEN COOL ENOUGH FOR ME AND I SOLD IT AND NOW IT'S NOT EVEN AS COOL ANYMORE!

(j/k, I really like this forum. The people here are great and the mods do a good job of keeping things enjoyable for everyone involved.)

RoadTrip

I did some of the other forums after I got the gixxer, came back here cause the other sites had too many haters and full time comedians, I think most of them were more interested in making sport of new prospects than actually discussing motorcycles.

06330i

Yea that's what I've noticed too. Maybe its because our bike is aimed towards newer riders so were always here to help, whereas the supersports are more experienced riders? Who knows, either way it was a huge turn off for me and discouraged me from even wanting to ask a question on the forum.

Brock Kickass

Yea that's what I've noticed too. Maybe its because our bike is aimed towards newer riders so were always here to help, whereas the supersports are more experienced riders? Who knows, either way it was a huge turn off for me and discouraged me from even wanting to ask a question on the forum.
I wonder if some of it comes from the opposite end? What I mean is, a lot of people on this forum, a lot of 6R riders, just care about riding, whereas a lot of SS riders are more worried about how they look than actually riding and maintaining their bikes.
Although the 6R can be used as a beginner bike for advanced beginners, if there is such a thing, I find a lot of 6R people are not beginners at all. The ones who aren't beginners are practical people, though, who are attracted to the excellent ratio of operating cost to performance. There are a lot of SS riders who are experienced and serious, but also a lot of them who couldn't ride an escalator up 2 floors, never mind a motorcycle. These people are all about image, and need to put others down to feel better about themselves.
I really think this is one of the better forums on the interweb, which is why I am still here even though my 6R is not. The FZ1 forum is pretty cool, too, though. Similar to here, and a lot of members are on both, like I am. If you are considering getting an FZ1, don't wait to join. Lots of good info to help you buy the right bike, and minimal pretense, a lot like here.

06330i

That's a great way of putting it. I've noticed that with a few of my friends who have newer ss bikes. My one buddy literally will refuse to wash his bike with water, only uses detailer and thats it, and won't ride in the rain at all. He will literally go 180 to get home before it rains. That being said hes put about 400 miles on his bike all year while it put 10k on mine. a few other buddies are the same way. always have to have the flashiest shit on them and their bikes, but when it comes down to riding they never want to go. and also thanks for the imput on the fz1, I really like them although I wish yamaha would update the look of them a bit. I like the look of the euro version of it, it has that look the fz8 has which I really enjoy.

Detrich

Well, the reality is that there are those who are solely into show & shine vs. those of us who enjoy riding more... I think most of us fall into the latter, but there is nothing wrong with the collector/ tuner types. Ppl are just different. And, some ppl just like collecting cars & bikes for show. Jay Leno does that to some degree, right?

As riding enthusiasts, however, I think we also try to keep our bikes nice. But, we just we aren't compulsory neurotic about it some of those guys u talked about. LOL. We have some battle scars and we think it adds character. :)

06330i

Now you're talking my language, that looks sick. I've always been a HUGE fan of the new z1000, but I love the look of your bike!

Brock Kickass

I was actually all set to buy an FZ8 because I hated the look of the FZ1, but then I was on the forum and saw the mod package to change it to mine and never looked back. Had I never been on these forums I never would have known and I'd be on an FZ8 right now. Nothing wrong with the FZ8 at all, but I like my bike because it is custom to me. I've seen quite a few FZ8's on the road now, but have not come across another FZ1 with the N conversion in all my miles of riding. I know they're out there, but they're rare.

Very glad to have all of the help these forums have provided.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

I have always hated the look of the FZ1 as well. What did you change besides the headlight? I would take an FZ1 in a heartbeat if it had the tail and exhaust from the R1!
I eliminated the fairing and put the Euro headlight on, did a fender eliminator and custom LED signals front and rear, clear lens LED taillight, custom black levers and handlebar mount mirrors. I got an FZ8 clutch perch for the left mirror, and drilled and tapped the right lever perch for the right mirror. I also had the tank, tank cover, and front fender painted matte black and put on a set of Metzler M3's. I put on a carbon Yosh R-77 and installed a K&N air filter, too.

Next up: Black clip ons, black billet rearsets, black R1 forks with R1 front brakes, blacked out triples, modded tail with the handles eliminated and a rear seat cowl, PC5 and the usual air tract mods, black sprockets, and black chain.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member