ost 2009 changes that affect performance?

Cjilla

Are there any post 2009 changes that affect performance?

While researching FZ6R I saw on zeroto60times.com 2009 is considerably quicker than 2012 they tested. I also remember reading somewhere that the throttle felt better in more recent years and conflicting fuel tank sizes by only .1 gal. I am wondering if there were changes made to fueling or other electronics that anyone knows about and can identify for me. I love the '10 black with gold wheels but if something has been improved, possibly in 2011, I would prefer improved feel over color scheme.
Thank you in advance for any considerations on this OCD level of research before I buy an FZ6R.

Last edited:

Rumpig

While researching FZ6R I saw on zeroto60times.com 2009 is considerably quicker than 2012 they tested. I also remember reading somewhere that the throttle felt better in more recent years and conflicting fuel tank sizes by only .1 gal. I am wondering if there were changes made to fueling or other electronics that anyone knows about and can identify for me. I love the '10 black with gold wheels but if something has been improved, possibly in 2011, I would prefer improved feel over color scheme.
Thank you in advance for any considerations on this OCD level of research before I buy an FZ6R.
There are no know changes to power output across the FZ6R by year, there are minor differences between U.S models and the rest of the world but only minor. The previous version the FZ6 was still built in 2009 so that might have been what they actually tested, that has more power than the FZ6R.
Australia gets a lower powered learner version to.