One last day to ride!

dekaliber

And not on the FZ6R! :)

Just got it delivered this week, brand new with 0 miles. (Now it has 27.)

Saw that the forecast was going to be in the low 50s today and seized the opportunity for a ride. I honestly didn't expect to be able to ride it until a couple of months from now. The difference between it and the FZ6R is just night and day. Really, really happy with my purchase.

I still have the FZ6R, but will be looking to sell it in the spring. I'll definitely miss it!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

TokenSSDD

And not on the FZ6R! :)

Just got it delivered this week, brand new with 0 miles. (Now it has 27.)
Guess who's got two thumbs and is super jealous... This guy.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

anson650

That is one nice bike, and in the right color!
Keep the FZ6R if you have the space.
Have an everyday bike and a special, "Sunday ride" bike.
Anson

RoadTrip

cool, I almost got the 750 black myself, but went 600 in classic racer boy blue. Been watchin 'ghost rider' vids, prolly do all black next time (dreamin of an RSV4 factory), and update to all black gear, he he. Gixxers are great bikes, enjoy it.

dekaliber

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I'm totally stoked about it. Really can't wait for spring now. I just finished polishing and giving it a coat of wax and it is just sparkling -- I can't stop looking at it. I'm strongly considering bringing it into the living room (if I can fit it through the door) and storing it on stands there for the winter. There's a great spot by the window.

That is one nice bike, and in the right color!
Keep the FZ6R if you have the space.
Have an everyday bike and a special, "Sunday ride" bike.
While that would definitely be ideal, I just can't justify having 2 bikes. The bike is already 100% a toy, even if I break it out on commutes a couple of times a week. I have 2 cars and the garage is just a little too full!

That said, the 6R is worlds more comfortable than the Gixxer, and would definitely be the better "DD." Most of my riding tends to be for a couple of hours in nice weather to nowhere in particular, so I don't mind the supersport ergonomics.

See red

cool, I almost got the 750 black myself, but went 600 in classic racer boy blue. Been watchin 'ghost rider' vids, prolly do all black next time (dreamin of an RSV4 factory), and update to all black gear, he he. Gixxers are great bikes, enjoy it.

Im dreaming nero! I am getting older unfortantely so I am enjoying the long hauls now. I should really just get on a dual sport but I will see how the 6r goes in the semi trails with some 60/40 tires on it

Nice gixxer thou.

RoadTrip

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I'm totally stoked about it. Really can't wait for spring now. I just finished polishing and giving it a coat of wax and it is just sparkling -- I can't stop looking at it. I'm strongly considering bringing it into the living room (if I can fit it through the door) and storing it on stands there for the winter. There's a great spot by the window.

While that would definitely be ideal, I just can't justify having 2 bikes. The bike is already 100% a toy, even if I break it out on commutes a couple of times a week. I have 2 cars and the garage is just a little too full!

That said, the 6R is worlds more comfortable than the Gixxer, and would definitely be the better "DD." Most of my riding tends to be for a couple of hours in nice weather to nowhere in particular, so I don't mind the supersport ergonomics.
Yeah, I got used to everything on my gixxer, neck, knees, feet, but lower back still suffers on longer rides, did a recent trip to our hunting cabin (5hrs there, 4hrs back, just a quick overnighter), my back suffered quite a bit on the return trip.

The 6R actually hurt my ass more, but a sore back is a lot more unpleasant. The funny thing is I like the longer trips so I can access really remote, deserted twisties, so kind of a catch 22, but I just suck it up. These bikes are so capable that you quickly reach the limits of safe riding on the streets, never wanted to be a track guy, but I may eventually end up one.

Detrich

Congrats! I know how you feel, cuz I feel the same way about the R6... Absolutely love it. So light, so much fun, and a head turner almost everywhere I go. Can't tell you how many times drivers ask me at red lights what kinda bike it is... Enjoy!

I need a kick in the ass to sell the 6R too. <sigh> I have a special connection to it since its the bike I learned on. But, i just don't have the time to ride both bikes...

dekaliber

It's crazy just how much lighter and lower the center of gravity is on supersports. Also, I don't know if it was the different rake angle or handlebar width/height or suspension, but it took me most of my ride to get familiar with the turning characteristics. I experienced the same thing when I test rode a ZX-6R last summer. The bikes just feel like they want to tip over.

In my half hour ride, I didn't experience any discomfort, but I can definitely see how a multi-hour ride would take its toll. I think my neck will probably be the least happy about it. To be honest though, I was concentrating so hard on staying within a reasonable speed that I didn't think about much else. It is just scary how fast these things get to extra-legal speeds. You've gotta be bananas to get this as a first bike (like so many people do).

I have a feeling I'll still be visiting this forum more than the GSXR forums. There's a really good group of guys here (reminds me of zpost, which I frequent), whereas it seems like everyone on the other side are either holier-than-thou track junkies or trolling squids.

dekaliber

With the help of a friend, the bike is now on display in my living room:

I figured, since I wouldn't be able to ride it for a few months, I'd get some utility out of it another way. The space right by the window is almost too perfect -- it even has spotlights!

Makes me smile every time I walk by it.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Melting

With the help of a friend, the bike is now on display in my living room:

I figured, since I wouldn't be able to ride it for a few months, I'd get some utility out of it another way. The space right by the window is almost too perfect -- it even has spotlights!

Makes me smile every time I walk by it.
I'm guessin' somebody here is single:)

Beautiful bike!

Sent from my iPad

F

FZ6R_Blue

If he wasn't he probably will be by spring... spending his night curled up next to it, starting it up inside.. lol