OK, Found it... People who installed TBR exhaust - Please read!?

angelsneverlose

So as some of you know... i had been looking and annyoing people about the various exhausts for my bike (SORRY)... well last week i finally got the TBR Carbon exhaust because its the best available for our bike

well i installed it, loved it, but after riding i noticed it was rediculous loud and didn't really have a tone change as i increased or decreased... so i looked it over this morning and some of the collectors have black dust around the seals... THIS INDICATES A LEAK RIGHT? Which kinda pissed me off

So, the collector came installed on my TBR (headers and mid pipe was already installed), well there are lil gaps by the seals in the front and rear of the collector? is this normal? does this mean some smuck got lazy hooked them up for me and never used the black leak preventor? Should i even have a fit that is perfect here?

does this sound like i got screwed and i should now take apart the whole thing and reinstall? i thought it came togather from factory and would be good, but maybe they did a half ass job and is now causing me to have a leak and cost me a day of taking apart and reassembly?

now, if they used the anti-leak stuff further up and the small seperation means nothing, then let me knwo before i tear everything apart for nothing again please!? - hints my questions.... is the gaps normal (not perfect connections, and does black powered deff mean leaking?

pics: showing gaps - but no matter what i do i cant get it to be perfect all the way around

maybe its sealed further inside though - thats what im asking i guess...?

Last edited:

demon408

leaking

well it means leaking, but didnt u get some rtv silicone black to put on? did u install ur self? i was lookin at a kit for myself on ebay and it showed all the pipes not connected and it shows a tube of silicon black. ask 99ven. he has the 2 bros and will be abel to help the most. sent him a pm and hwill get back 2 ya. good luck with that and let us know what happen

angelsneverlose

well it means leaking, but didnt u get some rtv silicone black to put on? did u install ur self? i was lookin at a kit for myself on ebay and it showed all the pipes not connected and it shows a tube of silicon black. ask 99ven. he has the 2 bros and will be abel to help the most. sent him a pm and hwill get back 2 ya. good luck with that and let us know what happen
yeah, i got this from newenough.com... always had good service from them. headers already came connected to the mid collector so i figured they already used the RTV silicone black, but maybe not (yes, this did come with my kit)... should i just fill the gaps with it or take it ALL apart and reassemble?

since it came togather, i figured it was done right...?:( Maybe this will end up pawning me:rant:

so, the gap in the pics is not ok??

demon408

its okay

the gap isnt that bad. its not a 100% snug macined fit, but thats what the silicone is for. dont take the headder off just the can and mid pipe and apply silicone both sides of the pipe then put back together. wipe off extra and let it dry for a couple of hours. should be fine. plus i kinda hate u cause u got to send 800 buck on a real ex. and i had to fab mine , jk:D

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Angel -- I got your PM, sorry it took me so long to respond. Don't take it back apart. What I would suggest trying first is to put a bead of the black ATV silicone around the collectors where you see the gaps. Wipe off any excess and let it dry. If this solves the problem, then you saved yourself the headache of taking all the pipes apart. Trust me, I know. Mine came assembled as well, but I took all the pipes apart, and then fought to get it all back together properly. The gaps are normal, because the parts aren't machined perfectly.

Just try applying the ATV silicone around the gaps and see if that solves the leak. If it does, great. If not, you get to spend a weekend taking the pipes apart and putting it back together.

Good luck! Let me know if the silicone helps or if you have any other questions.