Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!

jocampo

I just heard from my Triumph dealership and... my new bike is at the port and will be delivered on Tuesday! I'll be able to pick it up Thursday afternoon! :steve: :rockon:

You will love it!!! :D ...

Just to tease you a little bit ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFnj9fZLPhk]Coffee Time Part I - YouTube[/ame]

What a fantastic bike!

I just did the 1st service, so pushing a bit more now, but still on break-in period. I can't wait to pass the 1k limit and do 2nd service so I can enjoy it much more.

Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Ummm... I guess you didn't read further down this thread, but I've already got it, and no offense, but I rode it home from the dealership harder than you ride in your video. :D

I'm more of the "break it in hot" school of thinking. Not that I hold it at redline or anything, but I don't keep it always under 5 or 6K RPM's the way you do. I try and very my RPM's, but when I'm on a highway, I'm going to be between 70 and 80 actual MPH, not the displayed 62MPH to keep it under the RPM's the tank sticker shows. And even though I've only got just over 200 miles on it, I'm changing the oil today to make up for the harder than recommended break in.

You and I think alike :cool:

jocampo

Ummm... I guess you didn't read further down this thread, but I've already got it, and no offense, but I rode it home from the dealership harder than you ride in your video. :D

I'm more of the "break it in hot" school of thinking. Not that I hold it at redline or anything, but I don't keep it always under 5 or 6K RPM's the way you do. I try and very my RPM's, but when I'm on a highway, I'm going to be between 70 and 80 actual MPH, not the displayed 62MPH to keep it under the RPM's the tank sticker shows. And even though I've only got just over 200 miles on it, I'm changing the oil today to make up for the harder than recommended break in.

Yep! :D ... I later realized you had it already.

I change rpms during break-in period but I usually follow manufacturing recommended rpm range. I know there are tons of discussions and methods for break-in , lol , so no offense taken. But that's how I do it.

So... how you like it so far??? ... can you compare to fz6r now that you own both?

By the way, on the video, I was on residential zone. So I can't really go faster than 55mph on some areas ... ;)

Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member