OEM Centerstand

Harrisch

Hey guys, so yesterday i finally got around to installing my OEM Yamaha centerstand on my 2012 FZ6r.... i could find any OEM instructions so i looked at some of the SW motech centerstand tutorials and tried following those but the brackets with the OEM stand are different...

anyways long story short, i figured it out and got the center stand on teh bike... it feels secure, it works fine, no rattles, sturdy and what not... except i was left with a small spring, a sleeve that goes over that spring and a rubber stopper that i dont know what to do with..

i couldnt really figure out any place on the center stand that the little spring would go, it seems to be fully functional with the big spring...

anyway i was wondering if anyone else had the OEM center stand on their bike, and if so.... if you could enlighten me as to where these parts go....

im attaching a pic of the parts i had left over, its an iphone pic from my basement - i can go out and take pics of the bike etc if you guys would find that helpful....

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13153349/parts.JPG

Brian O.

Hi, the little spring with rubber boot goes inside the larger spring and both hook to the attachment points. The rubber stopper fits in the hole on the same side as the springs. The rubber stopper functions as a bumper when you put up the stand. ( use dish soap to slide the small spring into the larger one )

Harrisch

Hi, the little spring with rubber boot goes inside the larger spring and both hook to the attachment points. The rubber stopper fits in the hole on the same side as the springs. The rubber stopper functions as a bumper when you put up the stand. ( use dish soap to slide the small spring into the larger one )
thanks for the response, i thought the little spring might go inside the larger one but wasnt quite sure how to make it fit... as far as the stopper goes, the kit came with 2, a shorter one which i installed and this taller one... so im still not sure what to do with it...

do you think not having the smaller spring inside the larger one makes any difference?

flyingminno

thanks for the response, i thought the little spring might go inside the larger one but wasnt quite sure how to make it fit... as far as the stopper goes, the kit came with 2, a shorter one which i installed and this taller one... so im still not sure what to do with it...

do you think not having the smaller spring inside the larger one makes any difference?
I'll take a look at my center stand in the morning and see if there is a place for that taller stopper.

As far as the second spring, its main purpose is to provide redundancy, keeping the center stand from slacking and hitting the ground should the main spring fail.

Harrisch

I'll take a look at my center stand in the morning and see if there is a place for that taller stopper.

As far as the second spring, its main purpose is to provide redundancy, keeping the center stand from slacking and hitting the ground should the main spring fail.
ok so no rush to put it in there, but ill probably end up doing it when i get some time... itd be great if you could check about the taller stopper thanks.

yfz6r

When the stand goes up, is it supposed to be stopper to stopper? Like one on the stand and one on the bike?

Harrisch

When the stand goes up, is it supposed to be stopper to stopper? Like one on the stand and one on the bike?
good thought, ill take a look, there might be a spot for the other stopper on the bike and ill get back to u guys

Harrisch

couldnt really see anywhere where the second stopper would fit in on either side... the current stopper is shorter and fatter and seems to work pretty well -maybe its a taller stopper for clearance of exhaust or something? although currently with the short one im having no issues.

at this point i think ill just insert the other smaller backup spring soon and leave it like that - unless someone can figure out what the other stopper is for