Odd thing

chopper71

So I finally got my TB exhaust on. No PCV yet still waiting on it. The odd thing is this.

Before the new exhaust my bike temps would hit 190-212 on a day just like today. The higher temp would come at stop lights and such. Then go down when moving.

Now with the new ehaust the temp is staying at 177 and the highest is 182 and nothing over that. The 182 is waiting at stop lights, stop signs. Then go back down to 177 and staying there.

Would anyone know how this can be? Stock exhaust higher temps. New full exhaust lower temps. I'm clueless on this one. Never heard of this happening.

chopper71

Reading the above posts, it makes sense now. I just found it kinda odd, but thanks for the clarity. It seems like a rocket now with the new exhaust. Can't wait to see the difference when my PCV gets here and installed.

Reading the above posts, it makes sense now. I just found it kinda odd, but thanks for the clarity. It seems like a rocket now with the new exhaust. Can't wait to see the difference when my PCV gets here and installed.
It could be just cooler outside or the ECU is adding more fuel because of the better performing pipes which would really make it cool off. The can doesnt really heat the coolant by itself but the ECU tuning will make the biggest difference.