o yea !!! touring ???

amg14

picture says it all. awesome! i was planning a road trip to visit my friend across the state, about 170mi there so probably 350mi round trip and i wanted to know what people thought about doing some touring right after i just rolled over the 1000mi mark. am i good to do what ever or would it be best to wait a little longer :confused::confused::confused:. some other side info, i bought the bike new with .3 miles on the odometer and i have changed the oil twice; once at 500 miles with the 600mi servicing and once again once i got to 1000mi.

Attachments

DragonBlu

You should be good to go. I would check the chain tension, fluids, and look everything over good. Also check tire pressures and match them to what ever load you might be hauling such as bags or packs.

diegoq26

first off, why did you change your oil twice?

secondly, i see no problems what so ever on taking a trip right after you've changed your oil. I serviced mine at 600mi and know i'm waiting for the 4000mi marker to come to change my oil again (just as the owner's manual indicates). Currently i'm at 2800mi and my bike is as smooth as the first day. I'd say go for it ;)

amg14

first off, why did you change your oil twice?
im a rebel without a cause !!! :justkidding:

i did a lot of reading on the forum about breaking in the bike and i got the idea from other plp here about getting that break in oil out and then doing it again to get out left over shavings. some plp changed the oil more than twice in the first 1000. to each their own. i like having the peace of mind.

diegoq26

to each their own.
so true!

I bought a yamalube additive to help protect my engine from the ethanol contained in gasoline. Also, i only use shell v-power to fuel up my bike. i don't think there's a lot of pppl doing the same crazyness lol