O M G !!! Just rode an FZ1 (and have a question)

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member

CDN6R

WOW a hard question to answer. You have to try to think logically about this. The FZ1 will be harder on fuel than the FZ6R, also probably more $$$ to insure. So you owe more money than the 6R is worth, so even if you sell (or trade) the 6R on the FZ1 and borrow the $ for the difference will the full amount of you loan still be less than the MSRP of the 2009 FZ1? If not then your motorcycle loan will be more than what the value of the FZ1 is and really that is not a good situation to be in,because you owe more than the value of the bike. Now if you buy the FZ1, will you feel the need for a matching jacket($) and new matching helmet($)? If so then that is more money out the door. So I would suggest that you really think about this, get a insurance quote and talk to you G.F. or wife (or both!:rolleyes:) sleep on it and take your time. Laurie

CrazyCawi

WOW a hard question to answer. You have to try to think logically about this. The FZ1 will be harder on fuel than the FZ6R, also probably more $$$ to insure. So you owe more money than the 6R is worth, so even if you sell (or trade) the 6R on the FZ1 and borrow the $ for the difference will the full amount of you loan still be less than the MSRP of the 2009 FZ1? If not then your motorcycle loan will be more than what the value of the FZ1 is and really that is not a good situation to be in,because you owe more than the value of the bike. Now if you buy the FZ1, will you feel the need for a matching jacket($) and new matching helmet($)? If so then that is more money out the door. So I would suggest that you really think about this, get a insurance quote and talk to you G.F. or wife (or both!:rolleyes:) sleep on it and take your time. Laurie
That is soooooo very well put!!! I just went through the same motions over an r6 2009 I can get for $5500 it'd brand new and I put myself into perspective as well!

Roaddawg

Plus, your going to have to spend the money to lower it as well...i would assume, since your 6R is lowered.

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member

sammy56

I know -all of the above is true and correct - I just needed to hear it from someone else!
I love my FZ6R and it is more than enough bike for my daily commute. Besides I still have stuff on order for it. Its just one of those lust things - like "I HAVE to have that FJR1300"
when I really don't need it. Thanks for talking me out of it!
For what it's worth, here is my philosopy:
If you commute more than you tour, keep the 6R. Once you tour more than you commute, get the FZ1. That being said, if you don't enjoy the 6R anymore and would enjoy the FZ1, life is too short to ride and not have fun doing so.

LB

AFDavis11

I say "Go for it", but only after you are no longer upside down on your current loan.

Add up the amount of money you've put into FZ6R and then add the remaining balance of the loan into that as well. Then divide that amount by the number of months you've actually rode the bike (not including winter, down time, etc.)

Once you start to see how much investment you've put into the FZ6R, you'll reconsider a bit.

But, get the FZ1, or whatever (there are even better bikes out there), just do it at the best time.

Think of the potential new bikes and new deals that could come out in the next 10 months. Near Fall/Winter 2011 there will be even better deals.

Hellgate

Yes, buy it. It does everything better. I pay $295 a year for full coverage, and there are mods gallore.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

auniquesoul

save the money, stick with what you have

Hellgate

As far as the money part of this, if that is the case we should all sell our bikes because for the vast majority of US riders, motorcycles are not our primary means of transportation. Motorcycles, like boats, and any other hobby, is something you spend money on. If you like the bike and you can afford it, buy it.

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member