Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

I cross-shopped the two. I found the cockpit on the honda's to be a little smaller than I was looking for, and I really wanted that extra 100cc's. I can't really say why. But when it came down do it, my perceived sense of more heft to the FZ6r, and power increase was worth the extra $500 to me (I bought a '12 FZ6r for $6300). I also preferred the more upright riding position of the 6r.

All those things said, those Honda's look like fantastic bikes and anyone shopping the 500/600cc range owes it to themselves to go check them out. 70+mpg is a whole lot of miles for a bike - that's impressive. Hope you have many miles and smiles OP!

aki

Thanks! I've been waiting for a review like this! Definitely would like to hear a more in depth review in the near future!
If I had read this review 3 weeks ago, most likely would be riding a White CB500F right now. I was going back and forth between the CB and FZ6R for months... They just never had a CB in stock to test ride... I'm definitely happy with my recent Yamaha purchase, and glad you really enjoy the new Honda! Now I have to convince my buddy to get the CBR500R/CB500F so I can try it out.