Not always cagers fault, still bad

MikeN02

Jesus, but why would they cross the center line!?

Good thing I have HID lights in to shine it in their faces.

dannymac702

MikeN02-- I dont think any amount of lights would have helped our brother rider in that situation. We all ride for various reasons but have to keep foremost in our minds that in a situation like that the biker is at a great disadvantage. Always try to expect the unexpected and be ready to deal with it. My condolences and prayers to the fallen rider and his loved ones.

Roaddawg

MikeN02-- I dont think any amount of lights would have helped our brother rider in that situation. We all ride for various reasons but have to keep foremost in our minds that in a situation like that the biker is at a great disadvantage. Always try to expect the unexpected and be ready to deal with it. My condolences and prayers to the fallen rider and his loved ones.
+1. Always ride like the cagers are trying to kill you...that's my motto. I don't trust anyone out there. Drive slightly aggressive AND very defensive.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

I'm not saying my lights for this situation alone, but for any given situation where a cager or so tend to drift off behind the wheel.

There was of course no way to avoid this, as I still find it pretty odd of the cager to be behind the wheel when he was not feeling well. The article didn't fully explain why he crossed the center line (unless I missed it).

Though it might be just me, but I don't even think I would drive with a minor headache. It's too much of a distraction if you're feeling unwell as you're thinking more about what's happening in your body then the road.

NYGirl

Always thought it would be great if all vehicles had sensors that detected when one crossed a solid painted line - left side or right - and gave an alarm. Problem is how to implement THAT and not have it annoy you when you simply change lanes (dotted line).

Heineken

Elite Member

Roaddawg

That isn't the problem (you should have the turning signal engaged when doing that, so you can install a NC relay....-the details are rather boring- etc).... the problem is cost. High-end luxury sedans (read: M.B. S-class , Lexus LS etc) have that technology as a option. But like everything else it comes at a price.
People are already talking and texting on their phones way too much rather than driving the damn car. This would just give them more of a reason to not pay attention because they would rely on the 'safety' feature to let them know when they should look up. :rolleyes: I have an idea.. pay attention and drive the car!