Nose cone fix?

FleshField

New to motorcycling and brand new to the forum. Took the beginner class in April, and bought a used 2011 FZ6R with about 1100 miles on it in great condition. I've been riding for about two months total, and put the bike down today.

Long story short, I was coming to a stop before turning right from a parking lot onto the street. I was a bit too close to to the edge of the ramp, and there was a small canal for water runoff on the side of the ramp. When I tried to put my right foot down, the foot just kept going...and going...and going down into the canal....and the bike went on its right side.

I have frame sliders on the bike, so other than a slight scratch on the right fairing, the bikes seemed fine. Once I got home, however, I noticed that the plastic piece that covers the right side of the nose cone was loose and knocked a little out of place.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Do I have to take the right fairing off to get at the bolts or screws that hold the right nose cone in place?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

richierich781

nose cone?!? lol. rocket ship! Air Duct! BTW welcome to the forum! And yes you have to take the fairing off to put it back in place.

Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

richierich781

how come we dont have a :what he said: emoticon?

r0ar

Aaah, finally! Let me be the first on this thread to use this emoticon:

:needpics:

I am very sorry for your mishap, and am equally happy your OK. Thank you though, for the opportunity to use that very useful, if blatant emoticon in a meaningful way!

My personal joy aside, a picture would really help us, help you. And welcome!
Desperate to be the first at this for once are we ?

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

FleshField

Thanks for the advice! Will check the tabs on the air duct today to see if they are broken and let you know what I find.

FleshField

Yep, right on the money....tab issue. Luckily the tab was only slightly bent and not broken, so I just bent it back and the air duct popped right back into place. All fixed. Thanks for the help! And also for enlightening me regarding the proper terminology...