Noob from upstate NY

sbrentt

Hey guys/gals....
Just got my new 2009 FZ6R this past weekend....prior to that I had a 2004 FZ6. Ive been snooping around the forum and there is a lot of good stuff here so I'm glad I found it! Any riders near Binghamton hit me up if you wanna ride sometime.
Brent

cavcuz05

Welcome and keep the rubber down

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

DakinechicK

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :cheer:

sbrentt

Thanks for the warm welcomes :)

Marthy.....Honestly, my bike has only 38 miles on it (that was from riding it back from the dealer) so I can't give an educated opinion yet about the differences, but I also looked on my old FZ6 forum and saw a lot of their mumbo jumbo. Outside of the FZ6 forum...the reviews are very good for the 6r and I got a brand new 2009 (dealer leftover) for a great price. Plus its yellow and cool as hell, so that helps ;). I'll create a post later with my take on the differences...that is if it ever stops raining here.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

No $hit! You got the fast yellow!!! Me too! :D:D:D Good for you. Well most everyone is very helpful here. Search option will be your best friend for a bit... Enjoy! It 95F here today and I can't stand staying outside for very long....
Most people are very helpful here I agree marshy, and on another note your also correct; yellow IS the fastest ;)

djf18374

CC, I agree with you, Yellow has the power! If you don't hit the rev limiter at the top of first :)D Inside joke) the Yellow bikes are considerably faster than the other colors. I am going to get crap for this, but it has been my experience that the BLUE ones are slower by a smidgen ;) Don't know about black or white...
Anyway, back on topic. Congrats on the new bike! I know you will love it, I mean what's not to love right? :cool: Stay safe...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

anson650

Welcome to the forum.
Have you checked out the local 607riders forum?
Go to bike nights? Wed at Gilligan's Island in Sheburne (about an hour up rt 12) and Thursday at the new Mosquito lounge? That's down on state street(?).
There is a big mix of older bikes at Gilligan's, no booze and a long ride home. The Mosquito has more sport bikes, lots of Harleys, beer and a short ride home.. and Lots of LEO's.
I'll look for your yellow FZ6R.
Be safe out there.
Anson

sbrentt

Welcome to the forum.
Have you checked out the local 607riders forum?
Go to bike nights? Wed at Gilligan's Island in Sheburne (about an hour up rt 12) and Thursday at the new Mosquito lounge? That's down on state street(?).
There is a big mix of older bikes at Gilligan's, no booze and a long ride home. The Mosquito has more sport bikes, lots of Harleys, beer and a short ride home.. and Lots of LEO's.
I'll look for your yellow FZ6R.
Be safe out there.
Anson
I actually just joined the 607riders forum after I read your post...Thanks man. I use to go down to the Mosquito ever so often for bike night, but I've never been to Gilligans. See you out there....

Thanks again for the welcomes :)

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Last edited:

djf18374

The Ravens are fused with Tiger blood, so they are just as fast if not faster than the yellow ones. It is hard to tell how fast they are, because they are like shadows, they can't be traced very well. They are that fast. :thumbup:. If the Yellow bikes are so fast, why did they not keep them around??? :confused:. Now all you can get is the Raven and the Copper&Raven. I guess they are trying to stick with what works....lol[/QUOTE

They couldn't handle the yellow I guess...maybe they were scared people would catch on and start buying the yellow 6R instead of the slow old washed up R6?? haha just jokin, those R6's are wicked fast :eek:

Fizzer6R

Welcome! I'm curious... You are the first person I ever heard switching from a FZ6 to a FZ6R! Why? I look around on the FZ6 forum every now and then and I have a good idea what most of those guys "really think" about the 6R...

Well now that you ride a cool ride...lol What are your tough...
please share, what do most FZ6 guys "really think" about the 6R?