noob cigar smoker

nobie318

I just picked up smoking cigars and am loving so far. I used to smoke cigs for 10 years and an electronic cig for 2.5 years. Do we have any gar smokers here?

RoadTrip

just be careful, cigars can lead to throat issue pretty quick if you smoke em too much - try and limit yourself to just a couple a week, otherwise you might put yourself out of the game.

that said, my favorite is the Illusione F9, check out the reviews, not every shop carries Illusione cause they are smaller, but their tabbacco stands out amongst all the others IMO.

cigars are not nearly as addicting as cigarettes, I quit with no issue, but they are infinitely more pleasurable, and so ya don't want to quit, but much easier to do so if/when you decide you have had enough.

nobie318

Thanks for the tips. Just watched a review for the f9 and gonna see if my b&m has it. One of the reasons i quit smoking cigs was because of the risk of heart disease and cancer. My dad has his first heart attack at 35 and was in great physical shape(carpenter) and he also just beat stage 3 pancreatic cancer within the last 2 years.

CrazyCawi

are e-cigs bad for you?

nobie318

are e-cigs bad for you?
ecigs basically use propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycol, nicotine and flavoring.
pg is used in tons of everyday items and has been cleared by the FDA
nicotine is a gimme
and flavoring is in lots of food and such.

I loved it but I needed to cut down on nicotine consumption.

Last edited:

Detrich

I like a nice cigar once in a blue moon with a nice glass of brandy or scotch with friends. I only smoke them once or twice a year though with friends. So, I honestly don't know much about it except that it can be very relaxing in good company :)

One of my co-workers brought me back a Peruvian cigar. And, like a moron I didn't know u have to store cigars in a humidified environment. I put it on my desk at home and it turned into a stick. lol

Cigars stink up your hair & clothes tho, so don't wear anything u have to dry clean. x_X

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I like macanudo gold label

Detrich

Romeo & Juliet is a brand I liked.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

nobie318

thanks for the input guys! i did get a illusione f9 and it was a great smoke. Its the seventh different ciger ive smoked and always looking for good recommendations.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member
Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

chubs25

I am a big fan of rocky patel is a brand that i love, the fifteen anniversary has a great flavor to it. Also the decade is an awesome cigar. If you want to start with something simple i would start out with punch and macanudo cafe. I have found it hit or miss with gurka. Some i love and some i don't like at all. And if you want a different flavor, my gf really loves the java series by drew estates and rocky patel.

roundhouse

i smoke about 1-2 a month. i love gloria de cubana 5X50 robusto. a fine middle of the road cigar.

for a real treat try a diamond crown maduro. dont let the maduro throw you off. this cigar is smooth and full flavored right down to the nub

if you are into heady maxed out kick you in the teeth try the maxximus. too strong for me.

i also like the rocky patel Connecticut for a smooth smoke with creamy light smoke.

i prefer lighter cigars over the real peppery cigars with lots of cedar character.

also look online you can find cheap handmade long leaf filler dominicans for $30 and they smoke as good as macanudo or many of the other big cigar companys.