Ninja 1K about to get some RGB LEDs

BoneJj

Just got in one of my shipments from china...

RGB LED testing. - YouTube

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s93TUGMJucw"]RGB LED testing. - YouTube[/ame]

It's a set of RGB LEDs, for some reason one of the strips green channel is not working but that's not a big deal. I actually have another set of these coming in so one out of 20 having an issue isn't bad and I may be able to fix that one. I just have to take a close look at it, for all I know there is a bad connection on it. I will inspect later tonight.

I will also be hooking up the new power supply as well later tonight once I go take a test...

I just hope my power supply works with these well enough. We'll see what happens there. I do have a couple other power supplies coming in as well. I need to figure out which one I'm going to use on a regular basis though.

Put this in here because it could apply to the 6Rs as well...

Last edited:

BoneJj

Added a quick video with the system fully working. Not bad for a 1/4 the price of a normal system.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

BoneJj

Looks nice and bright :)
Crazy bright is more the words. Granted I can easily turn down the power with the remote which I will probably just velcro to the top of the bike.

This is the controller setup here:

Click for big image

I figure just velcro the remote to the cluster area and take it with me when I go in some place.

Fizzi6ergal

Not to sound like a Noob, but what function do these LED's replace? Brake Light? Or are they just for a looks type function?

BoneJj

Not to sound like a Noob, but what function do these LED's replace? Brake Light? Or are they just for a looks type function?
They will be for the strict purpose of when I go out to the various meets and events and park my bike. I will have a main power switch on them so that I can make sure they don't draw power when I don't want them to.

I'll have a couple tucked up under the headlights to illuminate them and also just aimed down to the ground all throughout the bike and shining on the engine and such. I have plenty to do that and more.

basically like this:
http://youtu.be/ZDURBiupvZc?t=3m40s

Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

BoneJj

So how much did these cost? Can they be bought in pieces?
Currently I've only spent under 40 bucks for everything. I will be adding in some more items as time progresses here though to complete the set, in the end I will have about 60 bucks or so into it all maybe close to 70. And that's with making the kit completely custom and easy to work with my ways of doing things.

The LED set you see in the pictures was only 20 bucks off of DealExtreme - Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - DX Free Shipping Worldwide and the controller from the same place was 16 bucks, though I could have gotten away with the 7 dollar controller... I do have one of those one the way as I may end up using that one for myself and putting the more expensive one on my friends bike as the cheaper one has a couple of features that I like more for my needs and I don't have a need for the higher amperage that this unit can put out.

I'm still working out what the best kit setup will be for my needs at this time and I have plenty of friends that want systems on their bikes so I have the ability to go through a few different setups.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
Last edited: