Newby needing advice

Carrie

hey all, I have been riding since February when I bought what I call my practice bike, 2003 Ninja 250. Dont get me wrong I absolutely love the bike, but...to quote my husband, "In 6 months she is going to say, 'I want a bigger bike'" I have looked at and pondered everything from a motard to a cruiser. My husband rides an 08 Suzuki Boulevard M109, my step son rides an 08 CBR 600RR, and mind you they BOTH have ideas on the perfect bike for me. Hubby would like for me to get a 2010 Boulevard M50, I am just not feeling the cruiser thing, sorry honey. My first bike was an Indian 50 with a side car, Honda Express, Honda XL100, YZ 80, YZ 125 and numerous Banshee's. I am looking to purchase within the next few months and have my eye on the FZ6R. I would love some feedback, good, bad or ugly from you guys and gals if you dont mind. Let her rip!

WenMark

hey all, I have been riding since February when I bought what I call my practice bike, 2003 Ninja 250. Dont get me wrong I absolutely love the bike, but...to quote my husband, "In 6 months she is going to say, 'I want a bigger bike'" I have looked at and pondered everything from a motard to a cruiser. My husband rides an 08 Suzuki Boulevard M109, my step son rides an 08 CBR 600RR, and mind you they BOTH have ideas on the perfect bike for me. Hubby would like for me to get a 2010 Boulevard M50, I am just not feeling the cruiser thing, sorry honey. My first bike was an Indian 50 with a side car, Honda Express, Honda XL100, YZ 80, YZ 125 and numerous Banshee's. I am looking to purchase within the next few months and have my eye on the FZ6R. I would love some feedback, good, bad or ugly from you guys and gals if you dont mind. Let her rip!
I think you will find most of us on here love our FZ6R's. We bought them b/c they felt right for us either for fun, commuting, weekend escapes, etc. My advice would be to test ride one and see if you like what the 'R" has to offer. I really love mine. If you do decide to get an 'R" I'm sure you will be more than satisfied with it. good Luck!:)

FitZ6R

Well, we're biased here. :D The FZ6R is a comfortable, versatile, great handling bike with a super smooth engine tuned for driveability and excellent midrange. It's (much) sportier than a cruiser, mellower than a race replica, and IMO a notch above the other bikes in its class.

The only shortcoming is, it's a 600, and not the most powerful 600 at that. Those in the too-much-power-is-never-enough crowd would point out that there are comfortable, versatile, great handling bikes with twice as much engine (the Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS comes to mind).

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
+1 to what everyone has said already! We all love our bikes!! Here is a link to a thread from someone that was looking for the same type of input. I think you will find the information there honest and very positive towards the FZ6R.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f87/advice-new-bike-17648/

KelownaKeith

I would say it depends on what you want to spend. If (like me) you didn't want to go over 10K I don't think there is a better value out there. I would look at the Kawasaki Versys or ER6-N, maybe the Suzuki Gladius or Ducati Monster 696.

Of course over 10K you are getting into a myriad of good and better bikes of all styles.

I don't think any of the above bikes look as good as the FZ6R and they definitely don't perform any better.

Good luck!

joloy133

I have the fz6r so.... There is a publication Motorcycle Consumer News that you should read. It might influence you. It's like an independent review, Sept. article comparing the Kawi, Suzuki, and Yamaha. If you can get a test ride, end of year, etc.?

demon408

i like mine. i really wish there was more for me to do with the bike. thats the biggest turn off for the bike, its only 09. that means we hunt hard for upgrades. 60% of all my info comes from this site and the people who post here, but thats also one of the best parts about this bike. this forum, this is like 24-7 customer support:D

nlpyle

:thumbup:
i like mine. i really wish there was more for me to do with the bike. thats the biggest turn off for the bike, its only 09. that means we hunt hard for upgrades. 60% of all my info comes from this site and the people who post here, but thats also one of the best parts about this bike. this forum, this is like 24-7 customer support:D
I totally agree. Most of the mods i see are from links our fellow riders have posted. This Forum and the riders ROCK

This also being my first bike, I really enjoy it. I have talked to other sport bike riders and it sounds as for an all around bike, this seams to take the cake. I ride rain or shine don't have any issues and even on the couple hundred mile rides I don't get sore. Great starter bike and I would say a little more forgiving then some sport bikes. Yes it is a tuned down 600 but do you really plan on jumping it up to the triple digits? I have only taken mine up to 90 with so much more room to play, so this bike works great. The best though is the twisties and man this bike will take you for a fun fun fun ride. So best of luck with your shopping and just buy a bike that fits YOU and what you are looking for. Take care and enjoy.