gippyguy

Hi All i just bought the fz6r black one,just wondering when all you guy did the deristriction,(ie after the run in period or strait away)Cheers John.:)

NoDoze

Congratulations Gippy on your purchase! You'll love the FZ6R!

Anyway, if you are talking about the break in, I didn't really follow the instructions exactly. I ride the bike normally, just making sure I don't red-line it.

On the highway, I don't try to stay on 6th gear the whole time. When safe, I slow down and go on 5th gear, after a little bit I go back up to 6th.

I'm sure the veterans here on the forum will have other suggestions for you.

Take care and again congratulations and welcome to the forum!

CDN6R

Welcome to the forum from Canada! Lots of info here,you will love this place.:canada: BTW I pm'd you.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

NoDoze

welcome! and he's talking about the "deristriction" of the bike in AU... they have a throttle stop limiter that keeps them at something like %40 of full throttle..
Oh whoah! I had no idea. Thanks for the info :)

Drewsfz6r

Hi All i just bought the fz6r black one,just wondering when all you guy did the deristriction,(ie after the run in period or strait away)Cheers John.:)
Hey mate... I derestriced my bike after 1000 kms which they say is the run in period... Trust me you won't be disappointed once you derestriced it and do a few mods...

seanos fz6r

I went with black too. The red and white also looks great. Re the restriction: I think you need to go to "resart". Also agree with Drew you'll love the bike with full power. Read up on insurance issues ect, just so you know, and ride safe :cool:

ps derestricted mine at around 1500 (10,000 done now) klms from memory.

southwinds

Do mind me asking how much you paid for the bike? I got a new bike yesterday and paid $11000 on road Now sure if Yamaha is doing any deals these days