Newbie with 2010 XJ6S

Eve's Dad

Hi there,

I've just newly registered on this forum so wanted to say hello.

I have a Yamaha XJ6S 2010 which I bought just before Christmas after passing my test. I'm based in Northumberland, UK. I use the bike daily for short round trip commute of 15 miles with longer ride outs on the weekend. The bike is in really good condition for its age and high mileage of 46k miles and runs really well. I had an initial electrical problem but with sound advice from the XJ6 forum in the UK I sorted out a loose battery terminal connection and all's been well since. I recently had the bike professionally treated with ACF50 as I plan on keeping it long term and figured that I could do top ups to the trratment myself.

That's probably enough of an intro and I look forward to checking in regularly. I get quite a buzz from checking in to the UK XJ6 forum as everyone's writing about the same buke as mine, and was really pleased to know the bike is popular in the US too.

Ripley

Welcome to the forum. I bought my 2009 FZ6R just before Christmas too and just love it although I haven't been able to stray too far from home. I can't wait to stretch her legs on a longer ride in the coming weeks.

I was pleased to hear all the positive feedback about the bike from the community. I only wish there were more aftermarket parts available for her. Maybe its a good thing because it keeps me from spending money on the unnecessary bling.

Keep the rubber side down. Cheers.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member