New ZX6R Mirrors

Kayo7

Just so everyone knows, so they don't make the same mistake as me, the new ZX6R mirrors DO NOT bolt right up like the older ones. I liked how they looked and wanted those instead, and i don't feel like drilling new holes so I shall be looking at another option. Luckily I bought these from the dealership and told me that they would take them back if they don't work.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Yeah, it's the 05-08 zx6r mirrors that work. Just got integrated zx6r mirrors to replace my carbon zx6r mirrors.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
MY ZX6R HAS ZX6R MIRRORS :) :cool:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

You should put FZ6R mirrors on it :)
HAHAHAHA THAT WOULD BE FUNNY :rolleyes: JK JK, BUNNY EAR IT UP

IT WOULD BE NEAT TO SEE HOW SHE LOOKED WITH EM THOUGH.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

lwclancers

Yeah, it's the 05-08 zx6r mirrors that work. Just got integrated zx6r mirrors to replace my carbon zx6r mirrors.

You keeping the carbon ones? I might be interested in them if I dont go the integrated signal route.

Otherwise Im getting some form of zx6r mirrors too once I can find a deal....tired of my bunny ears bumping in to stuff.

CrazyCawi

Lol it would, try it out man! Do you still have some laying around? I'd send you mind if you really wanna try it lol.
i LOVE YOUR PAINTED FRONT AIR DUCT COWLS.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

Not sure yet. Haven't had a chance to ride with the new mirrors yet. If I don't like them too much I may switch back after inspection.

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the carbon ones? Were they straight bolt on? Send me the link please or post it up here [sorry to thread hi-jack]

Kayo7

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the carbon ones? Were they straight bolt on? Send me the link please or post it up here [sorry to thread hi-jack]
It's cool, I don't mind the thread Hi-jacks lol. Especially cause I wanna know that answer too.

lwclancers

It's cool, I don't mind the thread Hi-jacks lol. Especially cause I wanna know that answer too.
Oh ok, good :) How bad off was the bolt pattern on the newer zx6r mirrors? Would the mirror base cover any new holes needing to be drilled? Just wondering

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Kayo7

The holes are close, but if I tried to drill a new hole and save one of the pre-existing holes, the 2nd hole would be one large hole. If I drilled 2 new holes, I'm not sure if the cover would cover all the holes.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

You both need to post some pics ;)

Im very visual, sigh.:surrender:

Kayo7

Sorry kayo I thought he was asking me about my new mirrors. :D
It's cool, I wasn't sure which one he was asking so I figured I would at least answer lol.

You both need to post some pics ;)

Im very visual, sigh.:surrender:
I didn't take pictures cause it didn't work. :( But I can take pictures before I return them and get correct ones.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member