New wheel stripes

phocoyote7

Thought I would post a pic of my bike after applied my new wheel stripes. Got most everything on now, can't wait to get an exhaust. I had more pics but the sun kind of drowned them out.

I originally had the white reflective stripes and liked them but thought after a while they looked to plain, so I ordered another set that was 4 stripes that tappered down and was four seperate stripes, what a pain, stopped after applying one stripe. So I ordered this set you see now, blue with white yamaha text, after the yamaha text is what the other stripes started with which is reflective, thought was cool cause matches the stock decal above the FZ6R logo.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Thought I would post a pic of my bike after applied my new wheel stripes. Got most everything on now, can't wait to get an exhaust. I had more pics but the sun kind of drowned them out.

I originally had the white reflective stripes and liked them but thought after a while they looked to plain, so I ordered another set that was 4 stripes that tappered down and was four seperate stripes, what a pain, stopped after applying one stripe. So I ordered this set you see now, blue with white yamaha text, after the yamaha text is what the other stripes started with which is reflective, thought was cool cause matches the stock decal above the FZ6R logo.
That looks absolutely awesome!! :rockon:

Got a link, and do they come in different colors?

phocoyote7

That looks absolutely awesome!! :rockon:

Got a link, and do they come in different colors?
Thanks!

The stripes he did custom for me, dunstangrafix, was easy to deal with. They do have different colors but usually black text. I emailed him and said he would do them outside of auction for me for the blue w/white text. Here is link to ebay store eBay Seller: dunstangraffix: Parts Accessories items on eBay Motors

The other stripes I got from ebay as well but the seller has changed names a few times, not sure why. Think they keep getting booted off ebay and don't see them on there anymore.

08-FZ6

I like those a lot but what color would I get for my Raven FZ6? Since I don't have any other color accents I don't know if it would work.

xplodnstar

I like those a lot but what color would I get for my Raven FZ6? Since I don't have any other color accents I don't know if it would work.
Does the FZ6 have a red spring like the R? Or any silver/chrome engine pieces? Either black tape with off-color writing, or off-color tape with black writing would be nice. The silver might look good anyway, even if the bike doesn't have it, it's a nice subtle color on its own.

phocoyote7

I'm going off your profile which says you have black bike. I know most people do red stripes which looks fantastic. I always try to go a little different than what everyone else has.

I was at one point almost thinking of neon green or yellow which would really pop on the bike, but usually when I see that on a bike they have another factory decal that matches that color.

If you could post a pick of your bike and maybe we could all vote a color for you :thumbup:

08-FZ6

I'm going off your profile which says you have black bike. I know most people do red stripes which looks fantastic. I always try to go a little different than what everyone else has.

I was at one point almost thinking of neon green or yellow which would really pop on the bike, but usually when I see that on a bike they have another factory decal that matches that color.

If you could post a pick of your bike and maybe we could all vote a color for you :thumbup:
I am at work but here is a pic that I posted after I put on my Scorps. It's not the greatest pic but like I said, I am at work.

Attachments

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I would go with the silver stripes. They would go well with the rearsets/footpegs and the scorpion cans.

08-FZ6

I would go with the silver stripes. They would go well with the rearsets/footpegs and the scorpion cans.
I thought about silver, I just wish I could get a better idea of how it would look. Maybe, I'll mess around with photoshop later.

phocoyote7

here is a couple more pics, couldn't figure out how to add to previous so sorry for extra post.

D

Doorag

I've accented mine with Red.

BUT I like the wider strips better. Mine are pretty thin. I think going with something like neon green might be cool just to be different.

phocoyote7

Silver would look good, but man that red really pops and looks cool. I like the kawasaki green too, but again with that you normally see green text. I would say find a Yamaha logo and apply to bike somewhere and do same color logo and stripes.

I really am jealous of those pipes too, wish the R went out the back like that.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
here is a couple more pics, couldn't figure out how to add to previous so sorry for extra post.
Man, I can't believe how much those stripes really jump off the rims!! :eek:

JJ Fz6r

Great :D

I have just ordered the stripes from ebay and the price was awsome, the product great and the service was amazing, I had a few questions and in a matter of 5 minutes they were answered :D Loved it! :cool: