New Torc helmet

bobby bo bonsin

Got my new torc helmet today. Bought it because it matches the decal scheme of my bike. Seems like a decent helmet and its very light. Still have to test it out on the bike.

Hello my real name is Adam.

Attachments

Blackcat

Looks like you changed the bike decals again, Bobby Bo. I'm having a tough time keeping up--each style seems to be sicker than the last. Please post new pics of your latest creation. We have the same bike and now that the weather is too chilly to ride, I'm ready to strip the stock decals and do something original. Thanks for the great inspiration and kudos on being such a great style innovator!
Oh...and your helmet's pretty badass too. ;-)

bobby bo bonsin

Thanks im ate up with it. Ive recently posted pictures in the picture thread of my bike. It looks like it does in the above picture for now. I just try to keep it simple and try to tie in the copper color a little on the side fairings and most recently on my seat cowl. I also just installed some red and carbon fiber tuning fork decals on the tank and seat cowl that i purchased from a ebay seller who makes them. They look really cool and they are real carbon fiber.

Attachments

Blackcat

Thanks im ate up with it. Ive recently posted pictures in the picture thread of my bike. It looks like it does in the above picture for now. I just try to keep it simple and try to tie in the copper color a little on the side fairings and most recently on my seat cowl. I also just installed some red and carbon fiber tuning fork decals on the tank and seat cowl that i purchased from a ebay seller who makes them. They look really cool and they are real carbon fiber.

I'm all about keeping it simple and would love to at least, remove my stock decals and add some nice black tank pads like yours. The only ones I could find online don't cover the entire side of the tank the way yours do. Are you using two pieces per side or is that all one piece? Also, are you using real "reddish copper" colored decals on the side fairings & seat cowl or have you had to settle for red instead? Whatever you're doing--it looks hella good. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, Bobby Bo. I hope you will consider yourself duly flattered when I'm done with my mods. ;-)

bobby bo bonsin

I'm all about keeping it simple and would love to at least, remove my stock decals and add some nice black tank pads like yours. The only ones I could find online don't cover the entire side of the tank the way yours do. Are you using two pieces per side or is that all one piece? Also, are you using real "reddish copper" colored decals on the side fairings & seat cowl or have you had to settle for red instead? Whatever you're doing--it looks hella good. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, Bobby Bo. I hope you will consider yourself duly flattered when I'm done with my mods. ;-)
Thanks i am definitely flattered and ive had quite a few people over the last year or so ask me how i do the decals. I have some recent pics in the picture thread if you wanna check those out to see better what i have done. The tank pad is currently a stompgrip black with a peice of carbon fiber vinyl i cut out butted up against it to cover the rest of the tank decal. The red stripes outlining the carbon fiber stripes on the side fairings and seat cowl i paint before installing. They are just ordinary 1/4 pinstripes you get at autozone and i paint them with testros revving red laquer model spray paint. Its metallic and matches close enough for small peices. The 6r and yamaha decals i order from downat70.com. the 6r is black chrome with red outline and yamaha is carbon fiber with red outline. The 6r is a r6 decal that i cut in half and swapped positions. Hope this helps and thank you for the kind words.

Blackcat

Valuable info you shared. I'm all over it. Many thanks!

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

please give review of helmet. I look forward to it

bobby bo bonsin

Nah....keep talking about decals on the bike in the helmet thread :zombie:
Well it is my thread so i think i have the right to discuss whatever i want in it. But thanks for the positive feedback as usual safe-t. :rolleyes:

bobby bo bonsin

bobby bo bonsin